We are looking for a mid level Project Manager who will be the Gating Specialist for a large project initiative.
Candidates preferred would be someone with past experience working on a large program (e.g. experience with integration type project will be great), and audit.
This individual will be expected to work from Toronto CP Tower (100 Wellington St West for 3 days a week) and at Creekside Tahoe Blvd (2 days – Wed and Friday). For the first few weeks it will be important for the candidate to work from Creekside everyday to stay close to the team for knowledge transfer.
This individual would be responsible to ensure the project plans for the entire program (multiple work streams) are tracked and up-to-date. This individual will facilitate meetings, take minutes of meetings, ensures documentation is in SharePoint and follow-up with various stakeholders.
This requisition will move fast. Short listing will take place as soon as qualified candidates have been submitted. Interviews will take place next week.
Please submit candidates with:
- Experience with proven project methodology tools and System Development Life Cycle
- Leadership qualities and strong Facilitation experience
- Expertise in MS Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, SharePoint
Nice to have:
- Integration project experience
- Audit experience
- TD experience
This candidate would also:
- Manage day to day project activities of medium complexity or units/phases of a larger complex project Plan, execute, control and close out project against defined scope and budget. Utilize accepted standards and procedures. Maintain team relationships and team coaching and development. Manage stakeholder expectations. Manage risk and ensure compliance.
• Works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business heads to establish and execute on common goals.
• Manages activities of medium complexity projects. Ensures delivery of projects to the business partner, meeting the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the project.
• Perform a governing role for, ensuring that the proposal, execution, control, deployment, training and hand off, warranty support, and closure to meet schedules.
• Strong involvement in business IMO.
• Estimation and planning, risk assessment, contingency planning, tracking and management of progress, issues, budget, risk and resources.
• Accountability for project budget and time lines.