Inside Systems Engineer – Development Tools (closed)
Inside Systems Engineer – Development Tools
The role of the Systems Engineer is to drive revenue through shortening the sales cycle by overcoming technical hurdles and providing technical sales leadership during the pre-sales phase of an opportunity. The position requires the ability to execute product demonstrations, architect and implement test pilots, whiteboard proposed solutions and explain the integration impact of Quest products to an existing environment.
- The Inside Systems Engineer will be responsible for creating the content and delivery of solution demonstrations/presentations in briefings and demand generation events;
- Serve as a QA resource and/or project lead for test pilots implemented by partner resources;
- Effectively present the technical benefits of the Quest solutions and show how these translate into business value to the customer;
- In coordinated efforts, actively participates in account and opportunity planning;
- Act as the primary technical point of contact with the client during the pre-sales phase.
- Act as a technical expert on all the components of the Quest solutions.
- Active participation in business development activities, these include but not limited to identifying new business alliance candidates, such as systems integrators, independent software vendors or channel partners, as well as help develop existing ones through formal coaching and mentoring activities.
- Administrative responsibility by providing timely status reports to managers, effective use of CRM tools;
- Keep abreast of new competitive products or service offerings and be able to move quickly to neutralize potential impact on Quest objectives.
- Provide pre-sales technical and architectural support for enterprise customers.
- Build and foster customer relationships that lead to corporate standardization of Quest products and solutions;
- Proactively seek to expand technical knowledge and supplement skills through the use of books, manuals, web, certified training centers and classroom training.
- Position requires a Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience and knowledge of system architecture and/or programming languages;
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral and a positive customer service attitude;
- Must be a “self-starter” and demonstrate strong time management skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities are required for the position;
- The position requires the individual to possess advanced presentation skills and experience that comprises a balanced mix of technology, general business and communication skills;
- The individual must be flexible, dependable, and capable of multi-tasking;
- Aptitude for learning new products and technologies is essential;
- The Systems Engineer should have an advanced understanding of all versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems and proficiency in common office productivity software such as Microsoft Office. The individual should be able to demonstrate a command and detailed knowledge and solid experience with, Microsoft operating systems, directory services, advanced networking design and software distribution technologies.
Role Specific Technical Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of the Oracle and SQL Server RDBMS platforms
- Development experience in SQL, PL/SQL and shell scripting
- Experience of real world database administration tasks
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above. Quest offers a relaxed, yet professional work environment with competitive salary and excellent/ flexible benefits that allow our employees to make choices that fit their individual lifestyle.