Lead Tax Analyst (closed)
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years of experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
The Lead Tax Analyst will assist all federal functions within Tax Operations. Primary responsibilities involve all areas of
federal income tax, including interpreting federal tax laws and completing various income tax returns in a manner that both
complies with the law and minimizes Eaton's tax costs.
A. Prepare various federal consolidated, separately filed and partnership income tax returns. Solid user experience in Corptax
tax preparation software is preferred.
B. Prepare or assist in completing various tax adjustments used in the calculation of federal taxable income.
C. Perform ad hoc federal tax research
D. Develop strong network of peers to optimize intra and inter department communication.
E. Support federal audit managers in the defense of federal returns on audit.
F. Participate in intra-departmental and inter-departmental special projects and process improvement teams. Examples may
include initiating or monitoring
organization changes, evaluating financing alternatives and monitoring or evaluating accounting process changes.
G. Participate in gathering information for various tax saving initiatives, domestic information reporting and tax accounting
for reporting purposes.
H. Assist in quarterly preparation of ASC740 calculations for various US subsidiaries on an as needed basis.
- CPA is desirable.
- Working knowledge of federal income tax law and GAAP accounting.
- Basic understanding of principals of ASC740 (f.k.a. FAS109).
- Computer skills including an in depth knowledge of Corptax tax preparation software and a working knowledge of Microsoft
Excel and Word.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills including strong written communication skills to support the preparation of tax returns and
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a corporate or public accounting tax environment
- No relocation is offered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Experience Level: Minimum 5 Years