Field Service Technician (closed)
Position Title: Field Services Technician
Description: Our client is currently seeking;
I. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Western Field Services Team Lead, the position is responsible for remote site support, network infrastructure support and the successful completion of helpdesk requests within their support queue and overall management of the service provided to all company field activities
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes helpdesk requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Provides support to remote site end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Tracks and monitors the problem to insure a timely resolution.
- Provide printing support and maintenance for all remote sites.
- Configures, personalizes and positions workstations for remote site users. Maintains upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, installs and repairs computer systems, hardware, software and peripheral devices, network devices, and small site servers.
- Recommends and schedules repairs. Installs new software releases, system upgrades and resolves software related problems.
- Provides and delegates tasks as it relates to workloads.
- Works with suppliers to deliver a better experience at job sites.
- Provides after hours on call support as required on a rotational basis.
- Is willing to travel to jobsites and offices across Western Canada
III. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Helps co-ordinates quality standards and ensures public company compliance
Adheres to the company’s Core Values and Policies and Procedures
Adheres to company’s IT Services Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
Supports organisational change
Clean driving record
IV. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Interfaces with sister company IT personnel.
Coordinates with 3rd party companies and contractors as needed.
V. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & TRAINING NEEDS
Minimum of a Post Secondary Education with information technology degree or diploma from a Canadian accredited institution.
Demonstrable experience with and training on multiple technologies including (but not limited to) TCPIP, Citrix, and Microsoft technologies.
VI. FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
VII. EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
Deals with visitors and employees in person and on the telephone.
Communicates with supervisor to resolve issues as they arise.
Communicates with co-workers daily to resolve issues.
VIII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Ability to work at least eight hours per day.
Ability to lift and carry computer systems and peripherals.
Has an to date and clean driving record.