Process Improvement Manager (closed)
Process Improvement Manager
USG Corporation is North America’s number one building materials manufacturer and distributor. As the inventor of wallboard and ceiling tile, USG created North America’s building materials industry and we continue to be its leading innovator. Our ability to innovate has made us number one in the North American wallboard and joint treatment markets, number two in the ceilings market and helped us become the multi-billion dollar organization we are today.
USG Shoals, Indiana, plant is located in Southern Indiana in Martin County. We manufacture a large variety of gypsum products and service markets throughout the United States. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
1. Effectively leads Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement projects at the plant. Researches and identifies fiscally sound potential projects and then uses established leadership skills to build, develop and lead teams to execute a solution for the project. Incumbent uses standardized Lean Six Sigma methodologies to systematically eliminate waste and reduce process variation.
2. Incumbent develops and articulates vision and strategy and maintains open communication with personnel pertaining to Lean Six Sigma initiatives. Must work effectively with a cross functional team and others where no direct supervision responsibilities exist. Must be able to influence, negotiate and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals. Recruits team members into the Lean Six Sigma infrastructure and ensures continuing development of their skills.
3. Manages the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which project goals, objectives and metrics are being met. Understands statistical analysis tools/methodology, project management, Lean Six Sigma, quality and basic financial principles and applies them to analyze the planned activities.
4. Incumbent must be goal-directed, persistent and driven to achieve positive results. Is positive influence on others and deals well with set-backs. Identifies integration issues, removes barriers and tracks project status in order to obtain desired results.
5. Incumbent must stretch and grow personally in this role as they respond to new situations. Sets priorities well and able to distinguish between essential and non-essential tasks to maintain high levels of project cycle times.
1. Engineering degree preferred.
2. Candidate must successfully complete the USG Lean Six Sigma Certification Process.
3. Must have minimum of five years experience in a plant manufacturing role, preferably at a department manager level.
4. Candidate must possess strong leadership, mathematical and statistical analysis, organizational, computer, and project management skills. Capability to master Lean Six Sigma tools is required.
5. Self starter and excellent organizational skills to be able to handle multiple activities to produce continuous improvement.
USG’s world-renowned brands include SHEETROCK Brand gypsum panels, DUROCK Brand cement board, FIBEROCK Brand gypsum fiber panels, DIAMOND and IMPERIAL plasters, and DONN Brand grid. Not only are these products known around the world, they are used in your home. In fact, our products are found in one out of three American houses. Most homes and commercial buildings contain one or more USG products.
USG benefits include medical, dental, vision & life; retirement & 401K plans; paid holidays & vacations; & tuition reimbursement.
TO APPLY: Send resume w/ salary requirements to: Pwestbrooks@USG.com