Business Intelligence Technical Leader /solutions architect
AurionPro Solutions Leading Global IT Consulting Services.
We’ve Urgent requirement with one of our client for Business Intelligence Technical Leader /solutions architect Job opening Location New York, NY
Position Title: Business Intelligence Technical Leader /solutions architect
Employment Type: permanent
Location: New York, NY
As part of the Business Intelligence (BI) team, Technical Leaders are responsible for creating and maintaining systems to support information needs of our business clients.
The successful candidate will work closely with clients (users) to complete the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of BI systems. Technical Leaders are expected to develop architecturally sound and maintainable BI applications.
They are expected to adhere to Client’s software development life-cycle processes and also create documentation of business processes and systems.
This position is a key role to the development of analytical applications and will focus on guiding technical decisions and strategy for a wide variety of large and small systems. Critical to this role is the need to interface with both business and technical personnel to ensure the delivery of useful analytical solutions to the clients.
Successful candidates must be flexible enough to quickly learn new BI tools and should be able to design creative solutions to challenging problems. The Technical Leader must be knowledgeable of the entire BI SDLC and capable of ensuring that development adheres to best practices. The successful candidate will be passionate about BI technology and tools and enjoy mentoring fellow developers. Technical Leaders are expected to have significant technical depth and will split their time between development and leadership responsibilities.
• Responsibility for key technical decisions on the overall design and technical architecture for analytical BI applications.
• Creating system and design documentations adhering to best practices.
• Working with business clients to validate functional requirements, shape technical requirements, and define the approach to analytical BI application development.
• Creating, refining, and evangelizing processes and technical standards for the BI team.
• Train clients on analytical BI tools.
• Mentor other BI developers on BI tool usage and features
• Minimum 8 years of IT experience with at least 4 years in the Business Intelligence space working on analytical applications with various tools like Business Objects, Qlikview, Essbase, Jasper, Micro Strategy, Cognos, Tableau, Powerpivot.
• Experience leading teams of 3 – 5 developers.
• Experience in requirements gathering, use case development, determining business process flow and task mapping.
• Extensive experience in end-to-end implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) projects, especially in the analytical space with dashboards, scorecards and reports.
• Experience developing analytical solutions for large and complex datasets (greater than 1/2 terabyte and multi-dimensional) is desired.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with all levels of technical and non-technical staff including the ability to establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiation, problem resolution and customer service.
• Must possess strong knowledge of SQL and databases.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
• A University degree (BS/BA) preferably in MIS or CS
• Experience with Qlikview is desirable
• Experience in data modeling is desirable
Sr. Talent Acquisition
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 732 909 2221
AurionPro Solutions, Inc.