VP of Technology (closed)
Position – Vice President, Technology
Directs, develops, administers, and coordinates all phases of Software Development and IT departments, including systems design, programming, QA, project management and operations. Reports to the co-CEOs. Sets the short- and long-term objectives while providing the day-to-day management necessary to achieve profits, growth and other goals of the organization. Identifies and communicates the strategic objectives and determines specific plans for implementation. Reviews and evaluates project feasibility studies based on management's requirements and priorities. Works with the co-CEOs to deliver desired results through efficient decision making and execution. Keeps current on new developments in information systems technology and plans for future upgrades. Manages a large and flexible team of technology professionals. Motivates and inspires the team to greatness. Manages several direct reports often including department heads.
- BS degree in CS, math, or a related discipline.
- 15 years of experience, 10 of which in a leadership role.
- Preferred experience in web services, digital media and mobile.
- Proven experience hiring and inspiring teams of exceptionally talented technologists and creating an environment where the very best talent wants to be.
- Experience setting the technology direction for teams – evaluating options, making decisions, and evaluating results.
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining practical engineering best practices (design process/reviews, coding standards, testing standards, information management, deployment processes).
- Experience evaluating and managing 3rd party technology vendors and outsourcers.
- Extensive prior experience with hands-on product development and engineering.
- Extensive architectural leadership for a major product and/or service.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE INCLUDE:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective communicator across all levels of the organization
- Pro-active and possess a hands-on, collaborative working style
- Has the perseverance and determination to succeed within a challenging, dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Self-directed and thrives in an entrepreneurial culture
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Highly collaborative