Zylog delivers top jobs to top talent. We are currently seeking experienced professionals for exciting new opportunities and career advancement.
Zylog represents hundreds of client companies for both contract and permanent positions. New jobs are being filled every day and our experienced professional resource managers are waiting to help you screen the top jobs that match your skills and experience.
You don’t have time to search long lists of postings repeated on multiple web sites, so let our trained and experienced resource managers do the work for you. We review top jobs and will be the first to alert you when the right opportunity arises.
About the Job
Our client has a requirement for a Senior Project Manager for a 6 Month Contract opportunity. The position is located in Mississauga, ON.
What makes this Special
Our client is one of the largest Banks in North America. With exponential growth and millions of customers and clients who are served through our various businesses: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, and Wholesale Banking. Being part of this company is being part of a better Canadian service.
Our client is looking for a Senior Project Management that has direct and recent experience in the delivery of online, customer facing web applications. A background in web content management platforms (Tridion) and J2EE development would be ideal.
Key accountabilities are:
- Sets direction at an operational level, works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business heads to establish and execute on common goals.
- Direct or manages large-scale applications, programs or projects across multiple product lines, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Ensures delivery of projects to the business partner, meeting the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the project.
- Perform a governing role for, ensuring that the proposal, execution, control, deployment, training and hand off, warranty support, and closure meet promised schedules.
- Performs risk identification and mitigation activities, escalating unresolved issues to the Executive and / or Steering Committee where appropriate to secure their timely decisions/support.
- Manages the acquisition and deployment of resources, including budget, by working with the Project Managers to secure the resources required for the project.
- Ensures client satisfaction with the project process and project team by effective and timely communication including status reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise.
- The successful candidate will be required to work with and influence senior level leaders and partner with other IT Managers.
- Manage a team that consists of 50 – 100 people
Requirements or Qualifications
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing large and complex IT projects.
- 6+ years Web Content Management experience
- Full life cycle development experience.
- 6+ years Experience with proven project methodology tools.
- PMI or ITIL certification.
- Expertise in MS Project, Excel, Visio and Powerpoint.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Vendor management experience
- Status reporting, financial management
How to Apply