CERTIFIED HEMODIALYSIS TECHNICIAN
New Hyde Park, NY
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful Completion of a Dialysis Technician Training Program
- Certified HemoDialysis Technician (CHT) is strongly preferred
- Certified by the Board of Nephrology Examination For Nurses and Technicians
- Sets up and operates dialysis machine to provide dialysis treatment
- Mixes dialysate, according to formula
- Prepares machine for use
- Takes and records patient's pre and post dialysis weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration rate.
- Explains dialysis procedure and operation of machine to patient before treatment
- Starts blood flow pump at prescribed rate.
- Inspects venous and arterial pressures as registered on equipment to ensure pressures are within established limits.
- Calculates fluid removal or replacement to be achieved during dialysis procedure.
- Monitors patient throughout treatment