Unified Communications Support Engineer
Seeking a Customer Support Engineer in Unified Communications technology to join some of the industry's brightest minds in supporting today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight into the detailed functionality of Cisco Voice over IP products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
- Provides technical support for Enterprise voice technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other Technical Assistance Center engineers
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of high complexity
- Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
- Acts as focal point for large account network problem resolution
- Effectively utilizes complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
- Submits complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise
- Ability to determine root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems
- Acts as a technical expert and provides support on a global basis
In-depth knowledge with some of the following:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Voice over IP (VoIP) and VoIP protocols such as SIP, MGCP, SCCP, H.323, RTP/SRTP
- IOS Voice Gateways
- Virtualized environments
- Unix (preferred RedHat Linux)
- Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Networking fundamentals such as tcp/ip, dhcp, udp, vlans, qos
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.