Production Supervisor I
Production Supervisor I – Oshkosh, WI
Support plant teams with materials, technical support & leadership to create a safe, productive & profitable environment. Plan and facilitate work of assigned employees to support on-time completion of production schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support teams as required.
- Maintain a positive working attitude and environment.
- Ensure that policies, procedures, and bargaining unit agreement requirements are satisfied.
- Implement and sustain 5S in work areas.
- Willingness to accept and delegate authority.
- Accurately maintain company records and documents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Focus on product quality and process control.
- Interview, appraise and discipline employees. Acknowledge team accomplishments.
- Investigate & perform root cause analysis on line & material shortages.
- Support machine and equipment repairs.
- Report and respond to product and process nonconformance issues.
- Implement effective corrective actions utilizing structured planning methods.
- Point of contact for all safety issues: investigate accidents, apply solutions, etc.
- Monitor and manage budgets, costs, and overtime.
- Meet expected production requirements.
- Implement & support the Continuous Improvement Plan. Coach employees within the plan.
- Participate in the resolution of grievances.
- Champion process improvements & lead Kaizen events.
- Create value stream mapping & standard work.
- Must be willing to complete additional advanced training/education courses as required.
· High School Diploma, GED, or HSED.
· 5 or more years experience managing in a manufacturing and/or production environment.
· Bachelors degree in Operations Management or related field.
· Lean/Six Sigma or Project Management certifications are preferred.
· Experience with Lotus Notes E-mail & JDE is recommended and will be required within three months in this position.
· Must complete Team and Continuous Improvement Training.
Please email your resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org