Plant Maintenance Manager (closed)
The Plant Maintenance Manager coordinates major maintenance initiatives throughout the region, such as: planning, directing and controlling the efforts of the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient manner commensurate with good engineering practices.. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for maintenance of production equipment and facilities.
- Develop, maintain and administer an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities. Execute an effective predictive and preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Maintain all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedule needed repair to have minimum interference.
- Recommend modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs.
- Responsible for the efficient maintenance of all plant transportation equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining Maintenance tools and equipment.
- Responsible for Plant building maintenance and repair.
- Review and approve R and M requisitioning and invoicing.
- Develop an annual budget that will adequately provide for required Maintenance activities. Review and report monthly on performance against budget.
- Plan and provide for an adequate supply and ensure control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Responsible for employee development and safety. Responsible for employee discipline.
- B.S. degree in Engineering desired, and 8-10 years of experience in related field with background and experience in engineering and maintenance of equipment and facilities. Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing, controlling, coordinating and directing a Maintenance Department.
- Must possess a balance of the technical, human relations and conceptual skills required to achieve results through subordinate supervision. Must be capable of evaluating and weighing alternatives, establishing relative priorities and formulating decisions that affect all phases of the operation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Computer skills, preferably Microsoft Office Suites.
- Understand equipment repair manuals, federal, state and local codes and regulations.
- Ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
- Must have a current driver's license and good driving record.
- Must have record of positive work performance and safety record.
- Ability to perform work independently.
- History of being dependable and reliable with good organization skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours when needed.
- Ability to follow written or spoken work instructions.
Must live or relocate to within 30 minutes of reporting loca