Manager, Financial Systems (closed)
Primus Canada has grown to more than 700 employees across Canada with offices across Canada including Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Markham, Ottawa, London and Edmundston.
Our business is segmented in two areas:
- A Data Centre / Hosting business that highlights our growth momentum across eight state-of-the-art facilities throughout Canada, offering: co-location, managed services, and cloud platforms to medium and large enterprises.
- A Telecom focused business that leverages our years of experience and superior service through Primus Canada’s competitive suite of voice and data services for consumers and businesses
The Manager, Financial Systems is responsible for the effective operation, configuration and support of all financial reporting and related systems within Primus including Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Microsoft Great Plains.
Hyperion Enterprise Administration
– Currently using Hyperion Enterprise 126.96.36.199.
- Process all close related jobs and tasks such as recording consolidating and eliminating journal entries and compiling financial reporting packages.
- Provide Hyperion systems support, ensure data integrity of data from Great Plains to Hyperion, and troubleshoot Great Plains/MS SQL problems with jobs that may have failed and or entries that may have issues.
- Process and validate Great Plains interfaces, subsidiary template uploads and maintain the
PeopleSoft to Hyperion translation mapping in Ledger-link as well as GP to Hyperion translation mapping
- Administer the Hyperion Database by maintaining the structures within the database including accounts, entities, and categories of data.
- Assist analysts with questions on Great Plains or Hyperion data and address accounting and financial reporting issues as they arise.
- Assist users in the creation of Hyperion Retrieve Excel files to help users analyze data.
- Create and maintain Hyperion reports and books based on user requirements.
- Work with auditors at month, quarter, year-end to support questions that might arise.
- Work with subsidiaries at month, quarter, year-end to resolve issues from the close or audit.
HFM System Administration (currently in implementation phase)
- Create and maintain Hyperion consolidation applications across Development and Production environments.
- Develop various reports (Studio and Smart View) as needed by Corporate Finance Staff.
- Perform data reconciliation and maintain data integrity of information being collected and uploaded into HFM applications utilizing FDM and other Oracle standard tools.
- Research and help to identify Hyperion functionality that will support/improve the business users.
- Maintain key processes used to support the consolidation and financial reporting process within HFM (or other applications being used).
- Research and help to identify business opportunities and reports findings and conclusions to upper management.
- Work with key stakeholders and departments on assigned activities of the department/project so objectives are accomplished.
- Disseminate, organize and communicate regarding assignments and projects within the department/project team.
- Work with business users to evaluates and streamlines business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within and across departments.
- Communicate important and necessary information to team members via emails, memos, reports, and phone calls.
- Leverage effective partnerships with other departments.
- Inform upper management of department’s progress and advises them on key issues to help the decision making process
- Perform monthly/daily maintenance of HFM and other corporate applications as assigned.
- Execute and monitor extract/load processes as necessary.
- Ensure established performance standards for department are met.
Great Plains Administration – US, UK, Canada
- Troubleshoot and handle minor configurations and third party add-ons in Great Plains.
- Provide input regarding Microsoft Dynamics GP capabilities and functions to the organization using GP, perform business requirements gathering and gap analysis.
- Implementation and support of Dynamics GP software.
- Responsible for using Crystal Reports, Visual Basic, MS SQL tools to deploy and manage reports from Dynamics GP databases
- Responsible for creating and/or updating reports in Great Plains using SmartList and GP Report Writer as required.
- Responsible for software configuration, documentation, implementation, training and support of the Microsoft Dynamics GP software.
- Assist in development of SQL processes for data loading, migration and application interfaces.
- Maintain and back up existing database systems, performance tuning, etc
- Respond to immediate requests for database assistance
- Responsible for improvement, maintenance, integrity, and consistency of the databases.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales according to change management procedures.
- Interface with IT and accounting departments and other systems providers to resolve conversion and/or production issues.
- Formulate/design systems scope and objectives.
- Manage GP security roles and user accounts
- Other duties, as required
- BA/BS degree in Finance / Accounting / Business / Computer Science
- 3-5 years relevant Finance and/or IT supporting Finance
- 2-4 years of Hyperion Enterprise/HFM administration experience
- Expert level knowledge of Hyperion Enterprise and HFM
- Microsoft Great Plains administration experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains
- Proficient in Excel (VBA a plus)
- Proficient in SQL an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective interaction with executives, managers, employees and third parties
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
The Next Steps…
All Interested candidates please send your resume to http://www.primustel.ca/en/about/career/career_finance.html#_finance_1-TOR
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications pleas.