TeraData DBA (closed)
This is Lucas from Urpan Technologies. We are a staffing firm that deals with contract and full time placement. I am looking for a Teradata DBA @ Boise, ID. Please send me your updated resume in WORD format along with expected hourly rate & availability. If you are not available for any positions, but you know someone who would be a best fit for this job, please don't hesitate to pass on this mail to them.
Job Title: Teradata DBA
Location: Boise, ID
Duration: Long term
Pleae send your resume to email@example.com
- Responsible for supporting Teradata databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
- Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem pertaining to databases
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales
- Auditing and Reporting
- Working on the Service Requests.
- May act as a liaison with other technical teams.
- Contributes to policies, standards and procedures, and documentation of best practices/process improvements
- Commits to professional growth; seeks opportunities for development; expected to share knowledge with others
- Demonstrates ability to work independently to meet customer requirements and manage workload
- 7-8 years of experience as a Teradata DBA
- Developing Self & Others through Coaching, Contributing to Team Success, Continuously Learning and Sharing Knowledge
- Focusing on the Client, Demonstrating Courage and Integrity, Communicating with Impact, Acquiring and Applying Technical Expertise
- Building and Sustaining Relationships, Managing Projects & Economics, Change Agility
- Flexibility to work on 24x7 shifts and on On-Call basis
- In depth Teradata Database Administration experience
- Experience of managing large systems
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
- Experience Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service (Replication).
- Good Knowledge of backup and restore & Tivoli Storage Management.
- Experience of Analytical SQL, and EDW/ETL processing.
- Experience in TASM and Viewpoint.
- Experience in Goldengate.
- Good interpersonal, Good written and oral communication skills
- Understands and operates within agreed SLAs
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Follow the Stand Operating Procedures for support activities
- Preferred ITIL certified
Thanks & Regards
Urpan Technologies, Inc
341 Cobalt Way, Ste 208,
Sunnyvale, CA - 95131
408 459 7647 Ext 117