Instructional Developer - Chicago - 648 (closed)
TRAININGFOLKS IS CURRENTLY SEEKING AN INSTRUCTIONAL DEVEOPER IN THE CHICAGO AREA TO FULFILL ITS CLIENT’S INITIATIVES
TrainingFolks is a global provider of custom learning solutions, consulting and contingent workforce services. Combining award winning adult learning experience, with a proven engagement methodology that includes a talented network of learning professionals, TrainingFolks collaborates with our clients to implement change. Founded in 1997, TrainingFolks’ mission is to build a higher performing workforce. We address our clients’ issues of urgency, capacity and capability.
The Instructional Developer will be responsible for:
This position is responsible for analyzing performance gaps and learning needs; creating support proposals, creating design strategy documents, designing and deploying of effective learning solutions and efficient performance solutions for internal employees and business units (e.g. claims and customer service, information technology, information management, internal support units, financial services, sales & marketing, etc.) . The scope includes instructional design and development for Instructor-Led, Web-Based, and blended solutions; leading teams that consult with customers and internal workgroups; the coordination of communication plans and project management activities related to divisional and/or enterprise implementations; and the evaluation of learning and business outcomes. Technical development and deployment of training/learning materials using a variety of authoring tools and deployment methodologies for the Internal Operations Divisions as well as other HCSC business units; pilot coordination, implementation, and, testing, solution packaging/publishing, learning management system support/administration, graphic design, and technical troubleshooting.
- Expert in instructional design with a thorough knowledge of adult learning concepts
- Expert in developing of interactive web-based training in Lectora, employing Flash interactions and multimedia components
- Expert in instructional tools and technologies, including:
The ideal Instructional Developer will possess:
o Lectora X
o Flash CS3 or higher (animation & ActionScript 2/3)
o Captivate 5.5 or higher
o Photoshop CS3 or higher
o SCORM development
o Dreamweaver CS3 or higher
o Articulate Storyline
- Suggest appropriate web-based training solutions based on requirements and audience needs.
- Collaborate with SMEs to collect content for training solutions and obtain approval of completed solution.
- Learn and employ Lectora-based course template, applying enterprise learning development standards.
- Design and develop interactive/multimedia SCORM learning activities that incorporate elements of social, scenario, and game based learning.
- Create embedded media (animation, images, audio, video, etc.) for use in SCORM learning activities.
- Create custom ActionScript code for interactive, dynamic Flash content.
- Create and modify custom SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 manifests.
- Package and configure learning activities (Web-Based, Instructor-Led, Virtual, Curriculum, etc.) for use in the SumTotal LMS.
** PREVIOUS INSURANCE INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS A VALUABLE ASSET**
Details of Contract:
- Role is based in Chicago, IL
- Full time / on site
- Start Date: September 2012
- 9-12 month contract
Overall compensation for this role is positioned as ‘competitive’ and will vary depending on your level of experience, and number of years you have applied your skills. If you are interested in this role please send a Cover Letter detailing your experience, resume (WORD format), 3 references, certifications and rate/salary expectations to email@example.com.
In the subject line of your submission please mention – “#648 –Instructional Developer”.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring opportunities with TrainingFolks, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.