Mechanical Engineer - Team Lead (closed)
Great opportunity for a hands on leader........contact Jeff Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mechanical Engineering – Team Lead
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our product development team. You will be responsible for leading the Mechanical Engineering team in the design of the next generation of portable and bench top instrument products, working closely with scientists and other engineers to create best in class instruments. A good portion of your time will be devoted to design activities in the capacity of an individual contributor.
The team you will lead consists of several Mechanical Engineers and Designer/Drafters.
Successful candidates must possess strong mechanical/machine design skills, a high level of creativity, and be a very resourceful and practical problem solver. Proven project planning and on-time execution skills will be a big plus.
Responsibilities will include mechanical design for a broad range of new commercial products with an emphasis on the high quality work required for state of the art performance, reliability, manufacturability and service
- Solid project management skills and detail oriented
- Strong mechanical design skills—i.e. precision parts and assemblies, structural, thermal and motion control desired.
- Experience with plastic injection molded part and assembly design is a plus.
- Strong hands-on experience with mechanical systems and mechanisms. Attention to detail is a must.
- Strong experience with Solidworks, PDMworks and Cosmosworks, or comparable CAE tools
- Expertise is documentation best practices and configuration control and management
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Enthusiasm for working in a diverse, technically demanding, and exciting technology
Strong work ethic and team player attributes
Education and Experience:
- BSME, MSME preferred, or equivalent experience, skill level, and knowledge
- Minimum 5 year’s experience as a mechanical engineer