Solution Architect – eCommerce, Web Technologies (closed)
Solution Architect – eCommerce, Web Technologies
The company is moving to a multidimensional IT model and expanding the internal teams and capabilities necessary to drive the IT strategy, architecture and technology solutions that support its growth. IT environment is fast-paced and constantly changing to meet the demands of our diverse business offerings. We are seeking a talented, motivated professional with a sense of adventure, diversity of thought, and the combination of creativity and experience to make a difference.
The Solution Architect is a member of the application development and delivery team and will be responsible for creating IT solutions which meet the online business requirements and deliver the business capabilities. This role will be required to apply knowledge and experience to understand business challenges and opportunities and drive new and innovative approaches to resolving them; Bridge the gap between business and technology to develop the right solutions for our business; Partner with our business to define application roadmaps which will support our various ventures in this rapidly changing marketplace. This person should be a practitioner of disciplined execution, focused on formulating solid vision, strategy, goals, and requirements collaboratively with our business. They will partners to ensure a well defined opportunity with the right approach to execute a secure comprehensive solution. This person will interact with and must be able to influence other managers, directors and partners throughout the organization.
Key position responsibilities include:
- Drive end-to-end solution architecture integrity and the functional relationship with other projects and/or applications
- Develop and drive strategic integrated business solutions which in turn deliver the business requirements and associated benefit
- Develops solution conceptual designs and solution blueprints for IT projects
- Communicate and effectively articulate the end-to-end solution/roadmaps to business and technical delivery teams
- Responsible for contributing to the maintenance and integrity of the capability vision aligned to the business strategy
- Investigate complex strategic business issues, researching and identifying innovative solutions
- Develop end-to-end solution processes including approximate time and cost estimation and implementation requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies with a keen interest in expanding and applying the knowledge as new ones emerge
- Responsible for driving proposed solution approval and alignment with Enterprise/Capability Architects across the enterprise
- Serve as the primary client-facing functional resource and focus on systems
- Review and approve functional specifications created by delivery project teams
- Developing and maintaining long term business domain knowledge
- This role must effectively partner and/or lead teams with various staffing models of internal and external on-shore and off-shore resources in order to deliver successful solutions
- Responsible for maintaining solution integrity through the course of the project including controlling scope, managing solutions for change requests and clarifying solution capabilities during all delivery phases.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, business or related field
- 10 or more years experience in business process and/or technology implementation
- 5 or more years experience in a solution architecture role
- Experience creating solutions in a multi-channel brand business environment
- Experience with an IT function for a global consumer-oriented organization in retail, digital business or related industry
- Experience in cross capability solutions with integration across multiple systems.
- 5 or more years of experience in solution estimation
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions
- Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Ability to gather, synthesize and drive resolution of projects from a cross-functional team.
- Deep knowledge of database and web technology with strong data modeling , software design and application tuning skills
- Experience with methods, tools, technologies designing and building systems for extremely high traffic and transaction volumes like: Oracle ATG, , SOA and ESB Technologies (e.g. Oracle ATG, Tibco Active Matrix, Websphere)
- Experience with Front End technologies such as Ajax Java / JSPs, Struts, Ruby on Rails, JSF
- Application Performance Management (dynatrace, appdynamics etc.)
- Search Platforms: FAST, SOLR/Lucene, Endeca
- Content Management Platforms: Fatwire, Documentum, Alfresco, Drupal, MediaWiki
- A/B Testing or Multivariate Testing (such as Sitespect).
- Experience in Software Product Management/Lines. Focus on Product Development Flow.
- Hands on experience with Agile best practices and methods such as Lean, Scrum, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, pair programming; proficiency in modern version control systems such as Git, Mercurial, Subversion or Perforce. Build Infrastructure such as the Atlassian suite, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Gradle etc.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 10 years experience in one or more of the following areas, with demonstrated progression of responsibilities:
§ Application delivery
§ Program or project management
§ Business process reengineering
§ Product design and product strategy
§ Application management
§ Solution Architecture
- 5 or more years experience in web technologies building Java based High-volume/High-transaction E-commerce applications web applications using:
§ Commerce Platforms (e.g. Oracle ATG, WebSphere Commerce, Blue Martini) OR
§ Java, Spring, REST, NoSQL OR Integration of product catalog, Web content and pricing feeds, outbound feeds OR
§ Search and Price Comparison Engines