Modem System Test Engineer
San Diego, CA
- Job responsibilities include system level feature integration and test, developing/executing test strategies and test plans, troubleshooting/analyzing problems, optimizing system performance, executing inter-operability tests, and supporting customers with product commercialization.
- 0-3 years experience in Systems Test
- Good background in one or more of following areas:
- Solid understanding of digital communications systems, RF propagation, CDMA, OFDM, telecommunications concepts
- Understanding of Physical/MAC layers and Call Processing concepts in one or more of the following air interface standards CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO (Rev 0/A/B), GSM/ GPRS /EDGE / Rel99/ Rel5 / HSDPA/ HSUPA/HSPA+, LTE, TD-SCDMA
- In depth understanding of wire line and wireless data protocol stacks including RLP, PPP, IP, TCP, IPV6, MIPV6, etc.
- Understanding of software development and testing concepts for wireless handsets for various air interface standards
- Familiarity with IP telephony network , SIP, IMS, and IP telephony standards
- Familiarity with air interface performance analysis, characterization and optimization
- Exposure to programming in C, Perl, shell scripting, etc is desired
- Exposure to commercial test simulators and test systems such as Anite, R&S, Agilent, Spirent, Aeroflex, and Anritsu for wireless telephony product verification is a plus
- Handset test experience with UMTS/CDMA operators or with commercial handset OEMs is a big plus
- Some background in VLSI, ASIC testing/verification, DSP
- Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering