Staff Accountant (closed)
Our client, located in the northern Chicago suburbs, is looking for an Accountant/Forensic Accountant with previous utility/gas industry experience. Job responsibilities include:
- Prepares analyses and responses for staff during regulatory revenue increase requests.
- Assists and supports regulatory manager and fellow accountants during rate increase filings and other regulatory matters.
- Reconciles several regulatory GL components for multiple companies.
- Performs analytical accounting analyses and reconciliations.
- Prepares commission-ordered adjustments.
- Files rate cases or, upon request, supplies required regulatory information to consultants.
- Follows all required steps to close rate cases.
- Researches and resolves accounting system issues.
- Provides financial support documentation.
- Assists with commission staff performed audits and discovery.
- Reviews exceptions and explains exceptions.
- Runs various reports in legacy accounting system, JDE and CC&B.
- Provides audit trail and documentation to easily support work product.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2+ years of accounting experience. For further consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.