Outreach Assistant (closed)
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for an Outreach Assistant for our client a prestigious environmental preservation organization in San Francisco, CA.
Reporting to the Director of Outreach, the Outreach Assistant will support planning, researching and implementing community engagement efforts for the organization?s Outreach Department.
The Outreach Assistant will be exposed to integrated marketing communications plans, special events management, and writing for internal/external communication.
This position is slated for 35 hours/week, with an approximate 10-15 week duration with potential for direct hire should the selected applicant be a strong fit.
- Respond to stakeholders? letters and phone calls
- Respond to incoming inquiries about local programming logistics
- Take strong role in organization?s social media presence
- Write articles for organization publications and Web site (e.g. Bulletin, annual report, e-newsletter)
- Research community engagement opportunities, media inquiries and award opportunities
- Assist with organization?s media database
- Attend community events as organization representative
- Assist with art contest, photo contest and online store
- Assist with arranging meetings and preparing agendas
- Participate in other projects as assigned by the Director of Outreach
- Bachelor?s degree
- Prior exposure to relevant filed, ex.: public relations, marketing, government relations, community relations and/or communications
- Superior research skills
- Self-starter, ability to multitask, highly motivated and enjoys engaging in both communications and logistics
- Seeks to be helpful and assist others
- Prior experience working from a professional perspective with social media ? Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Sense of maturity?knows when to self-direct and when to ask questions and get more information before moving forward
- Computer skills in word processing, mail merging, database and spreadsheet use
- Highly motivated, with excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate across various levels and knowledge sets?prior experience serving as a point-of-contact to external relations with inquiries is highly desired
- Strong sense of follow-up, desire to see projects through to completion
- Can prioritize effectively and switch focus appropriately to meet deadlines
- Meticulous orientation, prior experience in tracking/databasing
- Enjoys organization and coordination
The organization looks to compensate dependent upon experience as they are open to a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. Please provide compensation history and expectations ? see ?To Apply? section for further details.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume as a Word (.doc or .docx format) document in an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also provide compensation history and expectations in a separate document. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications.
About our search firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing specializes in providing executive search services and interim temporary staffing support exclusively for the nonprofit sector. Founded by nonprofit staffing experts and human resources professionals we understand how to effectively recruit for nonprofit organizations, foundations, and educational institutions. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2010/2011 Business Times list of top staffing firms.