Continuous Improvement / Process Engineer (closed)
Plant Process Engineer
The Plant Process Engineer reports to the Plant Manager with dotted line responsibility to the Continuous Improvement Group. The tasks and activities related to this position are:
- Continuous Improvement activities
- Manage the CTY (Critical-to-Yield) process for each plant
- Understand, define, & monitor the major sources of yield loss in the plant.
- Manage the plant?s process for achieving annual budget goals for achieving yield improvement.
- Identify, and quantify the yield loss improvement areas.
- Work with Continuous Improvement Group to define an appropriate process for improving yield. Projects may be Green Belt projects; Black Belt projects; or could be done by the Process Engineer.
Utilize CI (Six Sigma) methods in the CTY process.
- Work with other Process Engineers in Plant to improve yield across the value stream.
- Work as the resident Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement expert in the manufacturing plant.
- Assist the plant in the use of Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement methods for use in all process improvement areas.
- Plant Manager perspective: Provide plant and process engineering-level support to the plant manufacturing processes:
- Improve the plant?s Value Stream. Create, maintain, modify, and improve the Value Stream map to assist plant in meeting profit and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Assist in identifying, managing, and supporting the plant?s Cost Reduction Projects (CRPs) and Profit Improvement Projects (PIPs).
- Identify improvements areas and methods for improvement related to throughput, cycle time, inventory management, and production and machine efficiency.
- Identify and minimize the effects of process flow bottlenecks.
- Collect appropriate shop floor data, perform time studies & work method reviews, document new work methods & procedures, and train employees as needed, to support
- Identify new work methods and equipment to support improvements. Assist in the engineering and installation of new equipment and processes.
- Work with plant maintenance, engineering, purchasing, quality, and continuous improvement functions in all of the above.
- Utilize engineering and continuous improvement processes, as needed, including 5S, Six Sigma, waste reduction, constraints management in conjunction with the CI Group.
- BS in Industrial or Mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of direct experience in a continuous improvement role
- Shop floor focused
- Continuous Improvement skills/training
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt training preferred