Senior Server Engineer/Data Center (closed)
- 5+ years experience with Windows server 2003. Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008.
- Builds, maintains, and resolves server related issues across the pool of devices in the data center. Primary manufacturers include Dell and HP.
- Knowledge and familiarity with DAS, blades, NAS, EMC/SAN, and Quantum.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, OU’s, and script execution.
- Strong knowledge/experience in Group Policy Administration
- Technical degree and/or certifications to include: MCSE, MCP, and CCNA desirable.
- McAfee EPO, Backup Exec, terminal server farm, and other typical enterprise applications.
- Hands-on experience with networks and related hardware that support both LANs and WANs including but not limited to: hubs, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of vlan setup and administration.
Experience in a highly available data center environment.
Position Overview – Maintains maximum production uptime of the servers and network infrastructure within the data center through the monitoring, proactive analysis, and timely resolution of issues. Act as tier 3 for the desktop team, providing assistance on pc and infrastructure issues as needed. Provides tactical input into overall server farm and data center planning activities and functions. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex technical tasks with significant interdependencies. Strict adherence to matters of change control within the data center environment. Learn and support 3rd party middleware and applications.
Key Accountabilities - Design, manage and build high availability windows server platforms that meet the needs of the various stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and provide long term resolutions and approaches to key I.T. delivery issues within the DataCenter.
- Develop and maintain SOP’s for the proper maintenance/installation/decommissioning of all devices within the DataCenter.
- Maintain strict cable managing, labeling, and rack layout documentation.
- Standardizes and documents all device configurations and delivery processes. Develops and maintains the standard image repository, in collaboration with team members.
- Provide superior customer service to a variety of client teams
- Interact with other technology teams on project planning and development
- Helps develop the skills of other team members. Looks for opportunities to develop skill set in others; cross trains team members on server operations techniques and approaches