CIO/VP of IT - Insurance
The CIO/Vice President, Information Technology (I.T.), in cooperation with I.T. department management, provides leadership and strategic direction to all I.T. personnel in the areas of programming, operations, technical support, website development and agency software development. The Vice President, I.T. offers critical technological perspective to senior management to ensure emerging technologies are incorporated into strategic business plans across the Company.
The CIO/Vice President, I.T. also serves as the Information Security Officer (ISO) to maintain security standards with regard to Company technology and electronic information.
- Plan, develop, lead and provide vision and guidance for the evolution of information systems;
- Serve as chief project manager, in coordinating and consulting with I.T. management to define priorities and ensure proper delegation of appropriate resources needed to meet various project deadlines;
- Monitor I.T. operations and identify any shortcomings in the areas of staffing, financial resources and other technology resource requirements and develop creative approaches to meet these requirements;
- Manage I.T. personnel and guide department management through performing personnel functions such as recruiting, training, performance evaluations and disciplinary actions;
- In coordination with I.T. management - and Human Resources - plan, develop and implement training, development programs, including the identification of required competencies, and practices to nurture career-growth for department personnel;
- Oversee the selection, procurement, maintenance and replacement of computing, networking and telecommunications software and hardware;
- Review and authorize requests for hardware, software and training;
- Supervise the timely, accurate and efficient preparation of I.T. computer systems and monitor user satisfaction levels;
- In collaboration with I.T. management, establish policies, standards, guidelines and security practices and prepare, review and revise departmental procedures and methods;
- Participate with I.T. management in the studies of data processing problems and recommend the appropriate data processing hardware and methods to resolve these problems.
- Review project-feasibility studies and coordinate allocation and use of technology spaces and infrastructure;
- Negotiate IT contracts and coordinate relations with vendors, governmental agencies and other external entities;
- Develop appropriate two-way communication channels between the I.T. Division and Company personnel;
- Provide ongoing assessment of the technology needs and goals of Illinois Mutual; develop annual and strategic plans to meet the Company's evolving technological objectives;
- Provide security expertise, including incident investigation, on issues related to I.T. systems;
- Conduct internal and systems-related audits;
- Provide periodic status reports for Company management;
- Bachelors degree* required; Masters degree* a plus
- Minimum of 5 years IT managerial experience plus working knowledge of a broad array of technologies and clients - such as VM/VSE operating system, COBOL, C#, JAVA, HTML, Asp.Net, Windows operating system, LANs/WANs and network administration;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an insurance environment;
- Experience in the development and successful execution of short-term, long-term and strategic IT plans;
- "User-focused" orientation;
- Expertise in current and emerging technologies;
- Ability to manage operational, capital and other financial resources;
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, support and create team dynamics;
- Ability to analyze data and draw sound conclusions; analyze situations accurately and take effective action;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Outstanding judgment;
- Ability to explain complex technical principles and terminology to non-I.T. management;
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and direct the work of others.
*College or university must be sufficiently accredited and listed in the U.S. Department of Education Accreditation Directory.
Jayson L. Amoroso
NewWay Recruiting LLC