BI Architect/Data Modeler (closed)
An Investment Bank is looking for a Microsoft Business Intelligence Architect/Data Modeler for the development and delivery of Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence solutions with emphasis on the Microsoft BI Stack and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process. This person will apply extensive expertise to the architecture, design, development, and deployment of BI solutions that leverage or integrate with the Microsoft technology stack, including data warehouse/data mart, reporting and analytic solutions. S/He will be responsible for the analysis and design of data models at the logical and physical levels and for the development and maintenance of existing enterprise models. This is a 6+ Month Consulting Assignment.
Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
- Work directly with clients to map business needs to DW/BI solutions centered on Microsoft technologies
- Provide technical leadership for BI concepts, ETL code development, data models, source-to-target mappings, documentation, project and resource management, performance tuning, security, and reporting tool environments.
- Coordinate efforts with IT and Business Units and departments to ensure that the BI technical infrastructure (including overall technical architecture, data structures and models, ETL processes, and reporting tools) meet their needs and objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies and self-service tools, including SQL Server Reporting Services and Analytic Services (SSRS, SSAS) to allow end users to access and analyze data to provide useful information for business decisions
- Develop Logical/Physical Data Models in Erwin, HLD, LLD, data flow diagram, data dictionary documents
- Develop and maintain data models, structures, procedures to ensure integrity and performance of all database and data warehouse components
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of intensive experience in the Analysis, Design, Implementation and Support of complex Microsoft BI solutions
- 5+ year's information modeling experience, including significant data modeling (both, E/R and Dimensional)
- Significant implementation experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and ETL design
- Experience in development with MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Hands-on or equivalent experience performing dimensional modeling with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Must possess a thorough understanding of advanced data modeling/data architect techniques (physical and logical), star schemas, data warehouse methodologies (Kimball, Inmon, and etc.) and ETL strategies
- MUST HAVE EAD, GREEN CARD, OR U.S. CITIZENSHIP
**Please contact Neal@212.993.8010 for further details**