Plant Operations Superintendent,Central Iowa #2102 (closed)
Position Title Plant Operations Superintendent – IA #2102
Location Central Iowa
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the facility. Ensures proper operating parameters, techniques, and safety are maintained. Trains and manages supervisory personnel.
1. Maintains operation of the plant through inspection, trouble shooting, coordinating shut downs and communication with pertinent staff.
2. Monitors and maintains production and product quality.
3. Inspects and ensures efficient equipment operations.
4. Trains and supervises employees through scheduling work, checking quality of work, conducting performance appraisals, and handling disciplinary matters.
5. Develops and manages projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of extraction principles and practices.
2. Knowledge of supervisory techniques to accomplish instruction, training, and motivation of employees.
3. Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations as they apply to plant operations.
4. Skill in reading and understanding computer print outs, purchase orders, and security information.
5. Skill in identifying problems, alternatives and resolutions.
6. Skill in negotiating, analytical thinking and problem solving.
7. Skill in operating various equipment including hand and power tools.
8. Skill in operating various office equipment including personal computer, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine, calculator, and telephone.
9. Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
10. Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, subordinates, and supervisors in a courteous and professional manner.
11. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
12. Ability to organize employee work schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
13. Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Seven years of supervisory experience or equivalent is required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. 7+ years of supervisory experience in agricultural plant operations
3. Experience with OSHA and EPA regulations as they apply to plant operations.
4. Direct vegetable oil refining experience.