System Engineer/ IC Architect - Low Power Portable Audio (closed)
As a mixed-signal audio Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to the Marketing Requirements Document and developing the detailed Design and Test Specifications for new low power mixed-signal data converter ICs for portable audio applications. You will work closely with Cirrus Logic customers and our internal design, applications, validation, marketing, and product-test organizations.
- Collaborate with Tier 1 customers and our Marketing and Design Engineering teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for complex IC designs involving digital audio converters (ADC/DAC) and Digital Signal Processing (DSP).
- Consider all product requirements such as customers' requirements, digital/analog process technologies, packaging options, design/system constraints and trades-offs and propose viable solutions.
- Communicate ideas and specifications to technical audiences (internal and external customers).
- Author, review, and update design specifications (datasheets) and Validation test plans.
- Participate in architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation and product test engineers.
- Perform thorough competitive analysis and participate in industry conferences and forums to ensure device compatibility with adopted standards.
- Travel approximately 2 – 5 weeks per year, both domestically and abroad, to interface directly with our customers.
- Autonomously manage competing customer- and project-related priorities.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuits and system-level design fundamentals
- Power electronics, PWM amplifier, or power supply design
- Mixed signal IC definition/design methodology
- Lab, problem-solving, and system-level electrical-circuit debugging
- Embedded firmware and host control development
- Experience with MATLAB for circuit/filter and system-level simulations.
- Digital audio interface technologies and specifications
- Digital audio signal processing theory and algorithm development
- Verilog/RTL coding experience, with emphasis on digital design
- Audio-testing techniques and measurement equipment
- Strong drive for results
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Analyzes abstract problems and develops straightforward solutions
- Communicates clearly, both verbally and written
- Coordinates team efforts to achieve individual goals
- Easily gains consensus
- Manages time effectively
- Takes projects from concept to completion
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Microsoft Visio
- Audio Precision hardware and software
Educational and Professional Requirements:
Candidates must possess a BS / MS in Electrical Engineering with 2-5 years experience in architecting, specifying and designing low power, mixed signal components with an Integrated Circuit (IC) provider for portable electronics such as Smartphones, Tablets, Portable Audio Players, Personal Media Players, Digital Cameras or Camcorders.