Laboratory Tech Supervisors 3 positions
3 Laboratory Technical Supervisors. The position is based in Albuquerque with a large healthcare system. Each position is in a different hospital in the system.
Some key elements of the position are:
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related degree
- Should have strong Blood Banking experience
- Should have recent Lead or Supervisory experience – (not just in past positions)
- Should not be a job hopper
- Should have worked in a hospital environment, if not recently, in the recent past
Laboratory Technical Supervisors (3)
Health system in northern New Mexico is seeking three Laboratory Technical Supervisors for 3 of its hospitals. One position is for a second shift Laboratory Technical Supervisor, and the other two positions are day positions with 24/7 call. Candidates should have the ability to effectively resolve daily problems of both a technical and administrative nature, along with the ability to direct the efforts of others.
$54k TO $72.7k with full benefits and generous relocation assistance.
1. Under direction of the manager/director, the technical supervisor plans, organizes, schedules, and directs the work of the section in order to effectively maximize employee, equipment, and material utilization within budgetary constraints while adhering to quality technical standards. 2.Provides direct on-site supervision of specimen workflow, test performance, quality, compliance, and associated documentation to adhere to the department and company policies and procedures..
3.Oversees staff and activities of the department, distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel related functions hiring, firing, discipline, training, etc..
4.Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques. May duplicate work of others to confirm test results. Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes and assists in test interpretation. Determines if further testing should be done on samples or if test should be repeated.
5.Checks/approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
6.Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
7.Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
8.Completes special projects as requested, e.g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, and research.
1.BS/BA degree in Medical Technology and Education, Training and Skills in Laboratory functions
2. At least 4 to 6 years as a medical technologist or equivalent in a laboratory environment coupled with one year of supervisory, lead or project lead experience.