Maintenance and Repair Analyst (closed)
Transportation Leader is seeking Senior Manager, Business Analysis to lead a team in their Princeton, New Jersey headquarters.
This position is responsible for analyzing and reporting on Maintenance & Repair (M&R) expenses. Primary accountability for this position is production and implementation of reporting and analytic capabilities that will assist in the control of expenses; improve timeliness of decision-making; and help drive improved financial performance.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cost reporting and analytics to key stakeholders such as management and operations teams.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and analysis against M&R budgets and forecasts, in addition to monthly management business review materials.
- Prepare analytics for monthly financial forecasting and yearly budgeting process.
- Assess the impact of operational changes and cost saving initiatives using financial and computer modeling tools and techniques.
- Perform detailed and summary analyses of chassis expenses by key component area, location, pool, or vendor, including assembly of statistics by operational service units such as per-day, per-outgate, and per-chassis.
- Identify and communicate trends and early alerts on changes that would impact performance.
- Proactively propose, design, create and deliver statistical and expense modeling and the corresponding analysis for M&R operational functions.
- Review and analyze reporting results and maintain frequent and regular contact with field management to communicate changes, trends, and opportunities.
- Produce data integrity cross-checks for all reported data, assuring viability of results at all times.
- Prepare M&R analyses for commercial area consumption to assess customer performance.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and special projects to assist headquarters and field management monitor, understand, and control maintenance and repair expense.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a major in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- A minimum requirement of 2 years of data analysis, accounting, financial planning and/or business analytical background, and/or excellent academic background in relevant field.
- Specific experience in the intermodal or transportation industries a plus but not required.
- Proven ability to perform analytical work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to identify and interpret trends and present findings effectively.
- Must possess excellent problem solving, analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to the ability to think creatively.
- Must work well in a team-oriented, dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, while also able to work independently, prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to participate effectively in efforts to identify, design, and implement processes aimed at efficiently conveying M&R performance to key stakeholders.
- Adaptability to internal databases, software, and technological initiatives. Ability to effectively learn new software environments.
- Must have proven competence in data mining and analysis, financial modeling, expertise in Excel and strong database skills. Excellent Access, PowerPoint skills are required.
- Experience in relational database usage, modeling, SQL, and programming very helpful.
This position requires long periods sitting behind a desk, performing tasks on a computer.
- This job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions.
- Tempo is fast-paced with stringent deadlines.