Software Engineer (Must be UK Citizen) (closed)
Located in Malvern, Worcestershire, the Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems UK Business Unit of UTC Aerospace Systems designs, builds and supports operational level Systems and Software for ISR data acquisition, management and exploitation.
ISR Systems is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Software Engineer to work within a small team to carry out software engineering duties across the whole software lifecycle on major UK & Overseas projects. The suitable candidate will have:
- Technical and numerate background,
- High level of communication skills,
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle in an agile environment,
- Ability to work well within a team
- Proficient in the use of Quality Management Systems.
- Familiarity applying Agile Practices
- Software Design using UML,
- Development tools on both Linux and Windows platform
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- Knowledge of Web Techologies such as Spring framework and creation of web applications
- Familiarity with automated testing of software
- Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL database technology such as Casandra, MongoDB, CouchDB etc.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to relocation within UK, assistance available.
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders—Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich—creating an organization with key positions on nearly every aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.