Global VP Sales with flexible location in Western Europe (closed)
Coberon Chronos Consulting's client has a long-term presence in the wireless data industry serving a growing installed base of well known top-tier mobile carriers worldwide.
The Global VP Sales will report to the CEO and will be a member of the company’s executive team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the direction and management of all sales activities. Drive the company’s achievement of its customer acquisition and revenue goals.
• Oversee the hiring and development of a global sales organization, appropriate for the company’s maturity/size.
• Be a role model for the company culture.
• Drive the development of international as well as territorial sales strategies
• Develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
• Manage overall sales processes, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management and forecasting
•Maintain key strategic customer relationships
• Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
• Work closely with management members to develop and execute lead programs
• Academic Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent (finance/business administration is possible)
• At least 7 years of sales experience in direct sales of infrastructure and/or VAS software solutions to Tier 1 Mobile Operators.
• Proven sales experience and track record with complex software solutions
• At least 4 years in a senior management position with proven track record of:
o Building and enhancing global sales teams
o Managing multiple teams in different geographies/cultures
• Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
• Established contacts and relationships with potential key customers and channel partners
• Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners
• Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment
• Ability to work in a company with multi-national multi-cultural environment
• Pending location, ability to work from a home-office as part of a global team
• Must be keen to travel (more than 50% of the time)
• Fluent in English, other language is an advantage