Software Quality Analyst Lead (closed)
About OneAmerica OneAmerica Financial Partners, Inc., is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN. The companies of OneAmerica® can trace their solid foundations back more than 130 years in the insurance and financial services marketplace.
At the companies of OneAmerica, we think in terms of careers, not jobs. Our average employee tenure is eight years, and more than ten percent of our employees can boast of being here 20 years or longer. We also have a solid foundation with more than 130 years in the insurance and financial services marketplace. So, if you are looking for a quality, stable company with a good reputation to start or advance your career, you’ll find the OneAmerica enterprise fits that description.
It is a very exciting time to be a part of the OneAmerica IT Team! We are currently seeking a Software Quality Analyst Lead. The ideal candidate will have experience supervising application software quality assurance testers in a structured environment. This position partners with the functional business areas and developers to help manage customer work requests with a focus on activities related to application software testing. The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of an IT project life cycle, possess the ability to deliver quality applications against specified time lines, and be able to organize and scale workloads. The position will develop, implement, and maintain Individual Division Quality Assurance standards, metrics, and procedures. Responsibilities include oversight in the development of test plans, functional testing, and management of defect logs and tracking. Must be able to mentor others on the work management and development processes used at OneAmerica. Other activities in support of business systems and processes may be carried out where skills and knowledge are fitting.
- Report Status to Management (Business and Technical)
- Create and Maintain Test Methodology and Strategy
- Mentor Software Quality Assurance staff
- Create Testing Processes and Test Plans
- Facilitate Test Readiness Reviews and Approve High Level Test Documentation
- Create Detailed Task Estimates and Manage Test Schedules
- Facilitate Defect Meetings and Create Test Summary Reports
- Interface with Business Analyst and Development Leads
- Coordinate Test Environments and Test Data Creation
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years’ experience in business with at least 2 of those in supervision of a software quality assurance team OR 10 years’ experience with at least 7 of those in software testing or systems coordination and at least 2 of those in a supervisor capacity.
- Demonstrated strengths in advanced system quality assurance testing and problem solving skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge creating test plans, test cases, defect reports, and quality assurance summaries.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, possess attention to detail, and have the ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality results on time.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Life Insurance application testing experience or familiarity with Life Insurance technologies.
- Experience with Quality Center and Quick Test Pro a plus.
- ISTQB certification a plus.
The OneAmerica experience
A company that invests in you
We value the contributions of our employees and view them as family. That’s why the OneAmerica experience includes a well-rounded benefits package that invests in our employees:
• Employer-funded defined benefit (pension) plan
• 401(k) match
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Disability insurance
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Paid personal and sick time
• Adoption benefits
• Educational matching gifts program
• Quarterly performance bonus incentives, based on company results
• Active Choices wellness program that can lower health care contribution costs
• Free on-site medical clinic*
• Regional employee wellness incentive*
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• On-site fitness center and membership discount*
• Free parking*
• On-site cafeteria with discounted pricing*
• Outdoor courtyard meeting space*
*Benefit is offered where available.
Angie Kight - Employment, Human Resources - OneAmerica Companies