Technical Services and Deployment Engineer (closed)
Chronos Consulting (www.chronosconsulting.com) is part of the Coberon Chronos Group, an award winning global leader in permanent and temporary staffing, RPO and business process automation solutions (www.chronosworkflow.com) for global multinationals. The Group owns and operates 41 offices worldwide.
Follow us on Social Media!
Our client has a long-term presence in the wireless data industry serving a growing installed base of well known top-tier mobile carriers worldwide.
The TSE will manage and oversee all the practical daily service tasks of our client’s solutions by quick response to malfunction related calls, complaints and queries with the responsibility for incident, problem and change management at customer sites and remotely. A TSE is a results driven person capable of working independently to resolve time critical production and deployment issues. The TSE will also be responsible to perform deployment tasks remotely and on customers' sites.
- Highly Proficient in UNIX/Linux System Administration
- Highly Proficient in TCP/IP networking and common network protocols, specially HTTP
- Proficient in Network equipment like Cisco routers, switches, load balancers
- Knowledge in Blades centers (HP, IBM) – an advantage
- Familiar in mobile network technologies – an advantage
- Knowledgeable in customer support processes and tooling
- Knowledge of databases - an advantage.
- Knowledge of application servers (jboss, Weblogic) - an advantage
- Knowledge of HTML - an advantage
Technical Services Engineer Skills:
- Familiar with support organization tools and procedures
- Able to effectively use support organization tools and techniques to support and resolve customer and product related issues
- Can effectively handle customer generated issues within a timely and effective manner
- Effectively interfaces with customers directly or indirectly to handle their requests
- Initiate and follow through on project actions, milestones and problem resolutions
- Customer focus orientation
- Contributes significantly to customer satisfaction.
- Interfaces with the customer and project manager to complete assigned task
- Responsible for opening lines of communication, monitors customer problems, and ensures effective resolution.
- Communicate effectively with customers and peers
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with all contacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Ability to produce written documents related to their work.
- Identify appropriate internal and/or external resources to solve problems
- Effectively escalate through appropriate channels – “knows how to make things happen”.
- Very good English, other languages are an advantage. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Travel up to 50%, Provide “on-call” service periodically.
- Location: Singapore
- Education: 4 year technical degree, Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Experience: 5+ years
Should you be inerested, please send your CV to email@example.com