Statistical Programmer II
Duties and Responsibilities:
- ¨ Ensure quality of personal work.
- ¨ Interact with project team members in related disciplines e.g. Clinical Data Management, Clinical and Biostatistics.
- ¨ Prioritize personal workload to meet specified completion dates.
- ¨ Display a positive attitude at all times, promoting and contributing to a good team spirit with a productive and professional environment.
- ¨ Develop good problem solving skills and a willingness to learn and seek advice from senior Statistical Programming staff.
- ¨ Acquire knowledge of other aspects of the work of a Statistical Programmer Analyst under the supervision of the senior Statistical Programming staff.
- ¨ Perform other duties as assigned by senior Statistical Programming staff.
- ¨ Carry out all activities according to Covance SOPs working within the framework of the Quality Management System and to Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- ¨ Develop and review SAS programs and output as required for the management of clinical trial data, the tabulation of data, preparation of patient data listings, graphical output, creation of derived datasets and statistical analysis of data as specified in the Statistical or Report Analysis Plans.
- ¨ Develop programs for ad hoc tables and listings. Write, modify, and maintain programs that produce diagnostics and listing for data review in support of Data Management.
- ¨ Carry out electronic data transfer (both incoming and outgoing. Develop programs for data transfers and assist in their review to ensure the data transfer has been produced to specification.
- ¨ Set-up utilities/SAS based systems to assist and facilitate Clinical Data Management activities.
- ¨ Review draft and final production runs for projects to ensure quality and consistency.
- Bachelor degree in a computing, life science, mathematical or Statistical subject
- Approximately 2-3 years experience in provision of programming support for clinical trial management and reporting, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience and proven skills in the use of SAS within a clinical trials environment
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the processes and procedures used within a Statistical Programming environment and the ability to communicate to programmers and non-programmers alike
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of staff throughout the global organization and confidently with other disciplines and external clients