Part time Help Desk Analyst (closed)
VisionLink develops web-based applications for non-profits and government organizations that help people in need. VisionLink's technology is behind honorable institutions such as the American Red Cross, the United Way, and a myriad of social service organizations providing services to everyday people that need help from natural disasters to homelessness. Our technology supports 3-1-1- call centers, FEMA and other national, state and local organizations’ mission critical operations.
About the Role:
As a key member of our client services team you’ll work directly with our clients to help them resolve technical issues, answer their questions and work with our development team to help isolate and repair defects in our applications. You’ll also deliver training to new customers as they join the VisionLink community and ensure that each of our users realizes maximum value from their investment. In your spare time, you’ll help document project specifications and manage custom projects along with other members of the internal product support team.
How you’ll spend your day:
- Validating and resolving reported product issues
- Training and certifying customers on the CommunityOS
- Reporting, reviewing and closing trouble tickets
- Writing custom work specifications for change requests
- Managing customer change requests thru resolution and closure
- Interfacing with development team members and account managers regarding status of issues/releases
- Authoring technical documentation and release notes
What you’ll bring to the table:
- B.S./B.A. and at least 2 years of experience supporting web-based software applications
- Some exposure to software testing
- Familiarity with both Windows and Macintosh based systems
- Ability to multi-task and switch priorities as needed
- Goal oriented – and driven to meet deadlines
- Creative problem solver and logical thinker
- A natural talent for coaching/training/teaching – communicating with clients at various levels of technical proficiency
- Ability to work independently and as a member of our softball team
- Outstanding attention to detail
Our team members enjoy:
- A competitive salary
- Incredibly productive work environment with a group who really cares
- Outstanding benefits package
- Liberal time off
- The ability to apply your talent and make a tremendous difference – when it matters most.
Goldstone Partners is helping this stable, successful and socially responsible organization find talented contributors who want to be part of an amazing team. Please send your resume to me personally at email@example.com. Principals only please. Sponsorships cannot be supported at this time.