Digital Designer (closed)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital Designer to join the Digital Marketing Team, working across the websites and other digital offerings for EMAP Events (Conferences and Awards).
About the company:
Embodying quality, market-leading journalism, EMAP delivers trusted intelligence to business communities worldwide. Always independent, always inquisitive, we connect professionals, inspiring you to know, to grow, progress and win. And reap the rewards and the Awards.
The hub of industry and inside source for the Retail, Fashion Retail, Architecture, Built Environment, Media, Environment and Public Sectors, we unlock opportunities for you through our first-in-class B2B brand portfolio; senior-level awards; influential networks and innovative online products.
EMAP is powered by Top Right Group
About the role:
Working to briefs set by the marketing teams, the Digital Designer’s dual role will include; design, implementation and delivery of email marketing campaigns across subscriptions and events marketing, as well as analysing campaign results and producing best practice documents to update marketers on the latest trends.
This role also includes assistance to the Digital Designer, supporting the division by creating micro-sites, editorial newsletters, spin blocks, banners, ad-hoc email templates and digital advertising.
- Designing and creating HTML email campaigns
- Setting up email campaigns using our email broadcasting provider
- Analysis of email and conversion metric reports to improve future campaign responses
- Project work to link up email marketing with other digital marketing channels, i.e. social media
- Support the Digital Designers in the production of ad-hoc digital adverts, micro-sites and bespoke emails for commercial client and editorial teams
- Produce and disseminate best practice documents for email marketing
- Advise marketing teams on testing procedure
- Manage and clean large datasets
Manage workflow and campaign booking with the subscription and awards marketing teams
About the person:
We are looking for a confident team player – this person will need to be able to deal with a range of colleagues on a regular basis, including marketers, event production teams and also manage day to day relationships with CMS suppliers. They should be practical, resourceful, proactive and results-orientated.
The candidate should also possess effective time management skills – deadlines are a key part of this role. This person must be able to work well under pressure to manage their workload effectively.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a degree and/or have completed a diploma in Web Design and/or Digital Marketing (CIM/IDM)
- Experience in a digital marketing or email marketing environment
- Must be familiar with general computer use including Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business
- Passion, energy, drive and commitment
- Able to work under pressure and to conflicting deadlines
- Takes ownership and takes initiative
- MUST have HTML and CSS coding abilities
- A good knowledge of Photoshop (or similar programmes)
- Working knowledge of email broadcast systems
- Good knowledge of Excel for campaign analysis
- Good knowledge of using tags, tables and image editing within HTML
Experience of Web Trends, Google Analytics or equivalent
Why work for EMAP?
The work ethic is dynamic. The business is diverse. It's great working for a company that is making money, growing, acquiring and is constantly aiming for 'best in class'. Its easy to be proud working for EMAP.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without salary details may delay the process. The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy and reference number.
There is no closing date for this position. Successful candidates will be responded to when they apply and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.