Senior Conference Manager (mat cover) (closed)
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading Events team, project managing a portfolio of conferences across the brands.
About the company:
EMAP is the business-to-business media division of Top Right Group, whose market leading brands includes Retail Week, Broadcast, Construction News and The Architect’s Journal.
About the role:
Reporting to and working closely with the Head of Events, the Senior Conference Manager will be a key member of the Events team. They will be expected to:
- Have excellent supplier knowledge to source, negotiate with and manage suppliers to obtain the best prices and highest standards
- Have great communication skills to liaise effectively with customers both internally and externally
- Manage a portfolio of pre-defined leading industry conference programmes, on time, to budget, and highest standard.
About the person:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3-5 years event experience (preferably conferences)
- Have event P&L, project and portfolio management experience
- Have extensive working knowledge of event suppliers including conference venues
- Have a calm head and a determined and amiable personality
- Have advanced planning and problem-solving skills
Have experience of training and managing line reports to deliver high quality events
Why work at EMAP?
The work ethic is dynamic. The business is diverse. It's great working for a company that is making money, growing, acquiring and is constantly aiming for 'best in class'. Its easy to be proud working for Emap.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without salary details may delay the process. The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy and reference number.
There is no closing date for this position. Successful candidates will be responded to when they apply and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.