Project Manager -Anywhere in US (closed)
Location: Home office, so you can live near any major airport in the US. (M-Th travel expected)
Our client is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing technology companies, working with over 27,000 businesses around the world. Their software products, including Life Cycle Management, CAD, Application Lifecycle Management, Supply Management and Service Lifecycle Management let’s manufacturing leaders aggregate, analyze, and deploy product information to drive the strategy and dynamic decision-making processes
Their solutions help firms optimize the activities within individual functions of their organization, and aligned across their entire enterprise: from engineering to supply chain and manufacturing, and sales and service, helping them design and service products in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries
- Plan, direct and lead project activities to ensure their technology solutions transform the way their clients create and service their products.
- Define, align and document client vision and strategies and define joint program organizations; to include governance model involving executives from both the firm and the client.
- Identify new business opportunities within their Client and provide to the business development team. Generate project growth within the current project by expanding the scope of the current project or defining and developing the next step of the Client Roadmap.
- Own the financials of their project to include cost, revenue, margin and investment. Provide a multi-quarter forecast reflecting the revenue, margin and cost of the current project. Work closely with Sales and business development to craft comprehensive account plans, strategies and financial models.
- Own the Global Services managerial relationship with the Client during the Delivery of the project.
- Lead a joint (firm-client) team of 10-20 people, with revenue of $500K to $3M, spanning 6 months to 2 years additionally, a thorough full lifecycle of a project leveraging either the traditional PMI Process or Scrum/Agile approach.
- Work as a liaison within the Global Services organization, and interface with the R&D, Segment (Product Management), Technical Support, and all extended organizations to ensure that proper scope, resource pools and key dependencies are being defined and developed.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks, providing early visibility to schedules/milestones that are at risk.
- Build detailed project plan and schedule for products across all processes, independently managing day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects.
- Coordinate and facilitate communications with management and across teams.
- Maintain product knowledge to increase efficiency in delivery of products.
- Organize and lead business requirements and design sessions with key stakeholders and technology team. Works in conjunction with customers to analyze, design, and develop requirements
- Owns contractual documents (Statement of Work/Task Orders) and manages contract changes
4 yr technical degree preferred. Candidate needs extremely heavy technical experience if no technical degree.
8+ years strong project management or technical operations experience.
Business acumen and process development skills
Strong leadership - ability to lead people, business process and business objectives
Comfortable managing the line between technology and business
Need to be a natural driver who gets results and solves ambiguity through leadership, even with imperfect information.
Knowledge of software, hardware and networking information technologies is a plus, but not required.
This position will report into Global Services organization, working on-site at customers within North America and will require travel up to 75% on a regular basis. Out Mon am, home Thur evening. Most projects are 6 months long.
Salary to 120k+ +15% bonus
please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org