Capacity Management Specialist
Zylog delivers top jobs to top talent. We are currently seeking experienced professionals for exciting new opportunities and career advancement.
Zylog represents hundreds of client companies for both contract and permanent positions. New jobs are being filled every day and our experienced professional resource managers are waiting to help you screen the top jobs that match your skills and experience.
You don’t have time to search long lists of postings repeated on multiple web sites, so let our trained and experienced resource managers do the work for you. We review top jobs and will be the first to alert you when the right opportunity arises.
Our client has a requirement for Capacity Management Specialist for a 6 months Contract opportunity. The positions are located in Toronto, Ontario.
What makes this Special:
Our client is one of the largest Banks in North America/ With exponential growth and millions of customers and clients who are served throughout various businesses: Wealth Management and Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking. Being part of this company is being part of a better Canadian service.
Position function Overview:
Responsible for monitoring Network Capacity, analyzing and projecting current and future growth needs for the WAN, LAN and Firewalls – within a high QoS enabled environment.
Position requires analysis of data to ensure that the current Network infrastructure is being utilized optimally, recommend, track and report changes on an ongoing basis.
• A strong technical background in key aspects of Network related IT infrastructure, including routers, switches, Firewalls, DNS & DHCP services, LAN/WAN circuits, etc.
• Must be strong at making necessary recommendations and following through with the entire process until implementation of the upgrades is complete or remedy of the issues being forecasted has been implemented.
• Experience working in large enterprise and coordination with multiple internal / external groups to complete the assigned tasks.
• Will need to do both high level as well as granular planning exercises with control over report generation, analysis, using ad-hoc processes while managing Performance and Capacity practices (related experience required.)
• Skills in using network sniffers, deriving details and potential issues by analyzing the traces.
• Modeling skills in a tool like OPNET (preferred) in order to perform current and future modeling relating to Network WAN and other components would be a definite plus
• Experience in scripting or advanced tools like SQL extraction, Data Mining, etc. will also be considered a plus
• Skills in planning capacity for Wireless systems and VoIP would be preferred
• Skills and experience around Capacity planning within a QoS environment is a must
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.