Sr. Mechatronic Engineer (closed)
Please Inquire compensation
Major Job Duties Include:
- Electronic Control Engineer in an advance development team working on the noise behavior and improvement of small EC drives for automotive applications.
- Provide expert knowledge on hardware, software and control strategies for EC drives. Operate, measure, simulate and specify EC drives, build- up test stands and measurements setups and validate models. Develop improvements. Document and communicate results.
- Manage one or more advance development projects, possibly with additional experts as project team members. Generate project plans and monitor targets, time plans and budgets.
- Interact with US and German Company-internal and occasionally external customers. Derive improvement needs and project outlines, report progress and present results. Transfer knowledge to related units within Company.
Customer Interaction: Yes
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar.
- At least 3 years of work experience in power electronic control tasks.
- Deep knowledge of electronic control of small permanent magnet excited EC- motors, comprising all related aspects in software, hardware and measurements. E.g. embedded real time code, low level sensor and actuator software, analog and digital signal processing, FPGA programming, robust circuit design, layout and parasitic effects, CAN and Flexray, etc.
- Good background of acoustics, structural mechanics, and electromagnetic design of drives preferred.
- Experience with MS Office, Matlab/Simulink, OrCAD, Eagle, C++, dSPACE, Artemis, or similar tools.
- Very good oral and written communication skills. Team-player. Creativity combined with professional quality attitude.
- Post graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar.
- Experience in automotive industry preferred.
- German language skills preferred.