PLC Technician is based at a manufacturing plant. The Technician will be a key member of the Electrical Team which is responsible for all electrical repairs and electrical maintenance for all machinery and equipment such as conveyor systems, hydraulic/pneumatic components, and much more. You'll also work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment where you will have an opportunity to work side by side with our stellar Maintenance Mechanics. As a team you can make a difference in driving excellence and reliability in our facility.
You will have the opportunity to work on programming and controls while troubleshooting potential issues using, Square D, Allen Bradley Systems and Wonderware. Some of the machinery and mechanical equipment you will work on are AC/DC and servomotors, pneumatic components, hydraulic components, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment.
Daily duties will consist, but not limited to: Installation, Repair, and Modify all plant electrical systems including servomotors, pneumatic/ hydraulic systems, conveyor systems and process control. Troubleshooting and the programming of basic to complex machinery using various types of PLC systems, including Square D, ALLEN BRADLEY and WONDERWARE.
- At least 5 years Industrial Electrical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must be willing to work a rotating shift;
- Allen Bradley PLC and Wonderware experience is a must.
- Must have proven experience and ability in electrical and electronic maintenance troubleshooting techniques;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate working knowledge of mechanical/electrical principles/concepts;
- Have the ability to read/comprehend instructions given thru electronic/mechanical instruction books;
- Ability to effectively communicate in a one-on-one or small group situation;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Proven ability to work in a safe manner.
Able to work rotating shifts. (2 weeks nights, 2 weeks days)