Senior WinOS Engineer
The Senior WinOS Engineer is responsible for all aspects of administration and management of local and remote Windows systems on a mix of hardware platforms (predominantly Compaq/HP and Dell). The Senior WinOS Engineer provides leadership and training in the team tasked by COMPANY and on behalf of its customers to: provide prompt, accurate, consistent support of all systems; protect information assets; and provide business continuity.
In cooperation with other internal teams, he/she delivers the highest level of technical expertise and excellence in server and network management to meet the customers’ established expectations. As part of the COMPANY Lead/Senior staff, he/she works in cross-discipline teams to define network architecture, technology requirements policies and standards.
Principal Responsibilities, Activities and Accountabilities:
- Architect, implement, document and support COMPANY and customers’ systems.
- Propose and implement system enhancements.
- Provide third-level support and provide root cause analysis of issues.
- Represent COMPANY and its customers as a prime technical contact
- Leverage technology to meet business needs, enable new business opportunities, and reduce business costs.
- Assist COMPANY management with the development of policies and standards.
- Protection and management of physical and information assets.
- Develop and implement enterprise disaster recovery plans.
- Budget review and planning.
- Provide leadership through example and knowledge sharing.
In addition to hands-on responsibility, the following activities may involve oversight of others’ work:
- Install and configure hardware and OS according to existing standards and customer requirements.
- Install and configure additional applications as defined by customer SLA.
- Maintain and verify system documentation.
- Maintain system security.
- Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance and backups.
- Respond promptly to resolve issues reported through the ticketing system.
- Automation of repetitive tasks and processes.
- Assist with capacity planning.
- Provide system performance monitoring/tuning.
- Limited phone support of end-users.
- Oncall rotation with other team members for 7x24 production systems support.
- Comply with policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Resolve technical issues within Service Level Agreements.
- Support implementation of customer initiatives.
- Maintain technical expertise.
- Identify and evaluate alternatives for solving problems or improving processes and procedures.
- Provide project status updates.
- Network Services Manager
- All COMPANY teams.
- Various COMPANY customers and vendors.
- Various COMPANY customers’clients and vendors.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Prefer college degree in Computer Science or related field
- Technical Certifications preferred: MCSE; CNE/CAN; CCNA
- 6 years experience in an enterprise IT environment, ideally multi-tenant, that includes administration, support and implementation of networked Windows server systems and VMware ESX highly available systems..
- Current MS Windows Server OS and Active Directory,
- System security
- Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
- Troubleshooting skills, problem solving and resolution (root cause identification)
- Internetworking (TCP/IP) administration
- Network security
- web (MS IIS) administration
- Citrix administration,
- Terminal Services administration.
- SAN technology
- Symantec Netbackup
- Veritas Volume Manager
- MS SQL
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships),
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to manage multiple projects, supervise project execution and prioritize tasks
- Flexibility – work outside normal business hours
- Strong organizational skills
- Lifting of server/network equipment.
Flexibility required to run/install cabling required for servers and network
If you are interested, email your word document format reesume to: email@example.com.
Salvador E Flores
SmartSource Technical Staffing Solutions
Direct: (657) 208- 4561
Toll Free: (888) 832-7823 x4561