Palo Alto, CA
salary, bonus, profit sharing compensation
Job DescriptionTheranos is actively building a world-class team. Most likely candidates are currently employed or have been employed in similar types of positions but want to be part of a paradigm-shifting company doing innovative work and gain tremendous personal and career growth. Candidates must be hard working with unfaltering determination to excel in an intense start-up environment.
A deep understanding of object-oriented design and its implementation in the .NET CLR are required. Distributed application infrastructure setup and configuration are required (e.g. Windows Server, IIS, MySQL/SQL Server, etc). Specific experience with new .NET 4.0 features like Generics, Windows Communication Foundation, and ADO.NET are desirable. Strong communication skills are critical as the engineer will be required to gather requirements, communicate status, risks, and technical design to scientists and engineers from various disciplines. We provide very competitive salary and benefits packages for qualified candidates.
- Must be a strong .NET Web Apps developer. Strong knowledge of .NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC, Silverlight, XML, CLR, ADO.NET is required.
- Extremely hands-on in building database driven business applications for enterprise customers.
- At least 5 years of hard-core experience using Visual Studio, IIS, and other tools to be an effective developer in .NET.
- You should be naturally very technical, and curious. You dig beneath the surface to understand how things work, why they are a certain way and what the design trade-offs were.
- You take the initiative to propose ideas and air concerns, to take technical ownership to drive the areas you work on.
- You want to work with other bright motivated people, contribute to technical discussions, and continue to learn more.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage projects to deliver on tight deadlines.
- You produce high quality production software using industry best practices; you produce excellent, thorough, design and development documentation.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related fields from one of the World's Top 50 ranked Technical Universities; a Master’s or PhD. degree in CS or related fields preferred.
- 2+ years full life cycle industry experience.
- 5-10+ years of .NET development experience.
- Hands-on experience with source control & release management systems such as Subversion with security/archival/branching/labeling.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical/organizational skills in concert with superb decision making skills.