Destination Sales Executive - Residence Inn Washington, DC/Vermont Avenue (12000FKC) (closed)
Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can make it happen - with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The Residence Inn Washington, DC/Vermont Avenue, located at 1199 Vermont Avenue, NWis currently hiring for a DESTINATION SALES EXECUTIVE
Responsibilities include: Residence Inn by Marriott helps guests thrive while on long stays so they can perform at their best. Spacious suites with full kitchens offer the comforts of the modern home, while employees provide service with a human touch to business and leisure travelers alike. Working at Residence Inn, you will build relationships grounded in team work and experience the legendary Residence Inn service culture which focuses on delivering against the unique needs of long stay guests. Find Your World™ at Residence Inn by Marriott.
The Destination Sales Executive is the on-property liaison for group events within the Sales Office group booking parameters. The incumbent provides property support by coordinating and executing site inspections/visits for off-property sales managers. Additionally, the role ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The position is responsible for pulling through business booked through the Sales Office, as well as achieving group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. The incumbent implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
· Large group sales experience.
The Destination Sales Executive has overall responsibility for achieving and/or exceeding the hotel sales revenue goals. Overall, the position is accountable for the following:
Sales and Marketing Leadership
· Work collaboratively with off-property sales channels (i.e. Sales Office, Area Sales, EST) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
· Pull through business and achieve revenue goals for all opportunities booking through the Sales Office
· Partner with Area Sales to identify new group/catering business and achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
· Up-sell products and services, with the ability to bring the sale to closure
· Responsible for the proactive selling of all of facilities (i.e. Spa, Golf, Restaurants) to all of leisure guests as well as group planners
· Assist with selling, implementation and follow-through of group sales promotions.
· Get involved in community-based organizations in order to position hotel for group/catering sales opportunities.
· Provide recommendations to Sales Office and Area Sales associates regarding the potential to reallocate function space as needed.
· Meet with walk-in clients and qualify lead for account/sales manager
· Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
· Attend and facilitate pre-planning visits to ensure customer communication is consistent.
· Handle event planning aspects prior to the business turning over for business booked in advance (> 3 years out)
· Coordinate and plan all FAM trips and in-market customer events.
· Provide accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management
· Represent sales department at staff meetings & stand up meetings and report out on sales activity.
· Attend pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
Site Visit Responsibilities
· Coordinate and execute all site inspections/visits at the hotel for out-of-market and non-deployed accounts (includes site visits for Remote Senior Sales Executives and out-of-market Senior Account Executives)
· Coordinate site visits and partner when appropriate for in-market sales managers (i.e. Account Executives and Senior Account Executives)
· Partner with account/selling manager to develop creative aspects of site visit
· Gather all important customer data from account/selling manager in order to plan appropriately (e.g. customers goals, specific needs, key account info, etc.)
· Greet site clients and escort overnight guests to their rooms
· Act as Personal Concierge to client while on site to help coordinate any special requests.
· Assist with all transportation requests for sites and ensure client is met upon arrival
· Prepare all sales and operational staff for upcoming site inspections
· Attend other department stand up meetings to discuss upcoming sites
· Member of CVB and active member on appropriate committees & councils (i.e. Customer Experience Council, City Group Task Force Committee, Large Corporate Group Committee, Site Inspection Committee)
· Liaison to the CVB for site visits, social activities and business development
· Sets quality standards for all site inspections.
· Responsible for developing site standards and pricing guidelines in order to control Dept 47 expenses and allow for accurate projecting
· Understand competitor's strengths and weaknesses in order to differentiate Marriott from the competition during the site visit
· Understand the overall market (i.e. competition, economic trends, seasonability, supply and demand, etc.) and implement appropriate sell
· Provide expert knowledge on local destination (i.e. local attractions, events, etc)
· Grow business of existing accounts by soliciting them for future open years while onsite
· Track bookings and leads generated from site visits.
· Entertain customers by showing them the property and key locations surrounding the property
- Provide after-hours entertaining for customers
· Work with Marriott Guestware Program Manager to check for reward member status and any special needs of client
· Coordinate and deliver amenities and welcome note t to guest rooms
· Partner with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer's expectations.
· Participate in and practice daily service basics of the brand (i.e. MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics).
· Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
· Gain understanding of the hotel's primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
· Execute and support Marriott's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
· Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
· Ensure that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
· Monitor the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
· Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide", enter Job Opening number “12000FKC". The job is listed as “Destination Sales Executive". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.