Senior Solutions Design Engineer (closed)
Senior Solutions Design Engineer http://goo.gl/LPIjs
The Solutions Design Engineer is accountable for technical sales support of all products and services including: Managed Hosting Services, Cloud,Virtualization, Outsourced infrastructure solutions (managed and un-managed), specialized application suites. Responsibilities include preparing customer presentations, architectural designs, and bid responses. Solutions Engineers are also responsible for providing technical training for the sales force.
- Provide technical support to help drive revenue through all sales channels,
- Present capabilities to customers & prospects,
- Develop & present preliminary technical designs for customer solutions,
- Provide technical training to the sales teams,
- Work with Product Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements,
- Engage Professional Services team to complement customer solutions.
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for Internet-centric business clients who desire outsourced infrastructure options to enhance their own technical capabilities,
- Understand power, cooling and other environmental constraints on a client’s outsourced infrastructure,
- Pre-sales design and implementation expertise in Enterprise/WAN service integration,
- Field technical questions from prospects and clients.
- Determine client requirements and provide designs for Managed Hosting, Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services.
- Provide consultative services based on prospect’s requirements and available product offerings,
- Represent technical capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influence customer expectations according to product and network management capabilities and constraints,
- Present proposed solutions in a professional business environment, demonstrating salesmanship,
- Develop and grow technical knowledge base in Managed Hosting, Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services.
- Provide post-sale support to installation personnel as needed to clarify service expectations; including providing diagrams, verbal explanation, and written documentation,
- Present technical training to new and existing sales and Sales Support personnel,
- Meet and exceed management targets for number of customer contacts, number and complexity of sales opportunities supported, and training completed,
- Provide technology consulting for internal contacts in Product Management and Marketing, and translate prospective customer requirements into recommendations for new or enhanced products and features,
- Ensure compliance with all Policies and Procedures,
- Attend company and regional meetings as required, maintain peer relationships and understand and utilize company resources.
- Complete understanding of the sales process,
- Demonstrated understanding of solutions in: Managed Hosting, Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services.
- Proficient with common office applications, including MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Visio,
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation),
- Experience performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered needs,
- Ability to document solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability,
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company,
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork within the various organizations of the company to serve the customer,
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong problem solving skills,
- Capability to schedule time with flexibility to handle varying workload, and still meet tight deadlines,
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge and at least four years experience in Managed Hosting, Cloud, Virtualization, application management, Professional Services.
- Experience with hosted voice applications such as conference calling, disaster recovery and personal mobility products.
- Knowledge and at least two years experience in design of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures. Storage network experience is desirable. Compaq and Sun experience preferred.
- Knowledge and at least two years experience in configuration and support of Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Solaris operating systems, including remote management.
- Knowledge of computer environmental facilities including power distribution, uninterruptible power switching systems, generators, air handling equipment, cabling and cable management systems, fire suppression, and security.
- Web application design experience in Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), Apache, and Netscape/iPlanet.
- Preferred knowledge: Oracle, Sybase SQL, Cisco, Juniper, and Checkpoint.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/MIS/Computer Science/Telecom or equivalent work experience
- 5 + years of experience as a Solutions Engineer, Managed Hosting Support engineer (managed hosting, Cloud, virtualization), or related operational engineering role.
Job Location: Herndon, VA