Global QA Director (closed)
Global QA Director Arizona/ Other International locations F/T
Seeking leadership and guidance in implementing world-class quality systems on a global basis. The Global Quality Director is directly responsible for:
- defining the Quality System capabilities/requirements for each BU
- ensuring harmonized deployment across all company locations
- auditing to ensure consistency and applicability to customer/market requirements.
- Continuous improvement of Quality System function across all websites.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- In collaboration with the Business Unites, specifies minimum 'customer quality' standards for each Site and Market segment
- Specifies and oversees projects related to upgrading site capability in order to meet 'customer quality standards'
- Interfaces with BU quality personnel to ensure alignment and cooperation
- Participates in management activities to determine business objectives and resources needed including capital expenditure and operational budgeting as it relates to quality
- Specifies Customer Quality Standards in conjunction with the Business Units
- Ensures that all sites are prepared for key/critical customer audits, particularly qualification audits.
- Ensures that all sites have the systems, specifications, processes and capability to meet customer requirements for current and future market needs
- Is responsible for completing customer qualification and surveillance audits
- Ensures a consistent and acceptable 'customer experience' from all sites
- Adherence to Code of Conduct as applicable to job function: CoC Guideline
No. 1: Guideline for the Procurement of Products and Services,
No. 2: Guideline for the Prevention of Bribery in Commercial Transactions, No. 3: Guideline for the Acceptance of Precious Metals and No. 4: Guideline for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Participation in Criminal Acts.
- Responsibility to ensure that direct reports and overall employee population are also aware and adhere to Code of Conduct Guidelines.
Education and/or Experience
. degree in Business, Engineering or related field required; M.B.A. Degree and A.S.Q. certification as a Quality Engineer preferred, and minimum of 10 years related experience including experience in Engineering or Management required. Must possess a high level of maturity and exercise sound judgment in all dealings with customers and suppliers. Must have knowledge of ISO, other compliance systems, and problem-solving techniques. Experience in Semi-conductor and or Automotive industries is a ++. *Ideal background in quality assurance in a semiconductor manufacturing environment.
**Ideal candidate will have experience as a quality manager or director on a global level and encompass strong leadership and influencing skills with prior experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
Ability to travel is a must (travel will be anywhere from 50-75% of the time)