Lead Business Analyst (closed)
Lead Business Analyst
Broward County, FL
3/6 Month Contract
This consultant will be a senior business analyst, supporting ongoing operations and initiatives within the core business systems functions. Some of the daily activities/responsibilities include:
- Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements, and is an integral part of the existing system verification process.
- BA will need to both gather business processes from individual business units, but also gather business process and functions from existing documentation and intense system analysis.
- Documenting all Business Process Documents, writing business requirements, heavy data and technical analysis required.
- Process mapping, Data Mapping, and Diagram Development needed. “As Is and To Be” documentation, wireframes, screen mockups, Process Flow Documents are needed.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while delivering high-quality outcomes. Will be required to support 2-5 concurrent projects ranging in size, scope, and complexity.
- Must be able to work with sales oriented business owners and VP’s to communicate project scope, costs, and duration. Require excellent communication skills to answer all business and technical questions. Most of these conversations will be based around giving functional / technical answers to non-technical business owners in a way they can understand.
- Work hand-in-hand with both business users and technical development team to formulate functional requirements.
- Work with QA group to review test plans and ensure requirements are covered.
- Work with the Solutions Architects on review of the solution and design to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Own and manage User Acceptance testing including the Test Plan, Test Cases and execution and management of UAT activities.
- Technical Background is a major plus. Must be strong enough technically to understand how the technology and applications are impacted based on project requests, capabilities, and technical specs. Background in a Mainframe or Distributed environments are a huge plus.
- 5-7+ years experience as a Sr. Business Analyst.
- Must have 5-7 years analyzing business and user needs. Must be able to search for, analyze existing documentation, and create new business process documents based on analysis, research, user needs, and business flow.
- Must have the ability to document functional requirements.
- Must have a solid technical background and be able to understand existing technical platform and how it will impact requests, enhancements, or issues requiring troubleshooting.
- Must have a solid background in Business Analysis Process, Process Improvement, Documentation, Diagrams, Data Flow, Process Flow, and all documentation around these areas. This includes diagrams such as Business and Process Flow Diagrams, Data Model Diagrams (ability to read), “As Is” and “To Be” diagrams, wireframes, screen mockups, etc.
- Prefer to have 2-3+ years experience working in an enterprise environment with varied technologies (ex: Mainframe, Java, .NET).
- Must possess well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity
- Ability to listen and express ideas verbally and in written formats to a broad range of audiences (including executive leadership). Key part of role is working with Sales oriented leadership, so great leadership, presentation, and communication skills are required.
- Ability to work well with others, promoting healthy relationships and building strong team dynamics
- Ability to confidently lead, motivates, and influence individuals and teams to accomplish objectives.
- Long term, they will be responsible for helping to mentor new BA’s and team.
- Previous supervisory or management experience
Alberto R. Tavarez, Senior Technical Recruiter
8004 NW 154th Street, Suite 645
Miami Lakes, FL 33016