Staff Internal Auditor (closed)
Come Do Your Best Work Here!
Caesars Entertainment is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now owns or manages casino resorts on four continents The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names; Caesars also owns the London Clubs International family of casinos and the World Series of Poker.
Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its customers through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. We concentrate on building loyalty and value for our customers, employees, business partners, and communities by being the most service-oriented, technology-driven, geographically-diversified company in gaming.
At Caesars Entertainment, over 70,000 employees each make a unique contribution to your experiences, and to our ultimate success. From nurturing a sense of team with co-workers, to improving the quality of life in their communities, Caesars sets the standard of excellence in the gaming industry with employees who are devoted to delivering truly great service. Our employees are critical to our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Staff Auditor is responsible for performing or assisting in the planning and execution of compliance, financial, and operational audits, and special projects. Experienced staff auditors may lead a team of auditors in performing audit activities. This individual regularly interacts with mid-level management to discuss potentially contentious issues and recommend improved business practices. Other functions to include:
- Assess compliance with governmental and jurisdictional regulatory requirements, financial accounting and auditing standards, and company policies to ensure company assets are safeguarded
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and business controls
- Compare and contrast property controls with regulatory requirements and generally expected internal controls
- Assist in creating audit programs for new company/property initiatives
- Identify and document business processes and controls in order to evaluate risks and compensating controls
- Assist in providing advisory and consulting services to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of company assets
- Assist in assuring audit practices conform to department and professional standards.
- Contribute to a strong relationship with property mid-management and staff
- Lead or facilitate meetings with guidance from more senior staff to discuss audit findings and consulting services with top levels of management
- Assist in performing a wide variety of ad hoc special projects that may include collaboration with mid-level corporate or property management
- Assist in the training and development of new staff
* 4-year college degree in accounting, business or other related discipline.
* Must be eligible for occupational (gaming) licensing.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to comfortably communicate to alllevels of management
* Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles/standards, and familiarity with various computer systems and applications
* Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a changing environment
* Must possess highly developed analytical skills and the ability to think creatively about ways to analyze casino, hotel, and retail operations
Caesars Entertainment is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
As part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include:
- Prior Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Social Security Trace
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND CONTACT INFORMAITON TO LBALICE@CAESARS.COM, OR APPLY DIRECTLY TO https://caesars.hodesiq.com/careers/job_detail.asp?JobID=3160287&user_id=