Project Engineer - Maintenance (closed)
A fantastic opportunity has become available working for a leading manufacturing company for a Project Engineer
Reporting to the Production Engineering manager you will be responsible for supporting production by delivering technical improvements to all plant, equipment and tooling ensuring the business operation efficiencies are maintained in a timely manner. Managing plant, equipment improvements and working with internal teams to support and implement continuous improvement your day-to-day duties are to include;
- To develop / analyse the plant, equipment and tooling performance through the agreed business systems so as to maximise uptime through good preventative maintenance, life expectation prediction & control of critical spares.
- To identify & implement improvement projects through robust PDCA incorporating preventative maintenance.
- To assist, the Production Engineering Manager, in developing a cross-functional support team.
- To support the continuous improvement programme
- To liaise with customers, externally and internally as necessary
- To manage improvements involving, man management responsibility, and achieving key performance criteria.
- To support the NPI/ECI process as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in Manufacturing Kaizen within the industry.
- An HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- TS16949 procedures
- Knowledge of automotive industry
- Manufacturing / production experience (In-depth experience of production planning and lean manufacturing)
- Knowledge of metal forming & assembly work
- Customer liaison experience
- Excellent analytical & Practical Problem Solving skills.
- Financial awareness.
- The ability to demonstrate and challenge convention and lateral thinking in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate previous project planning / project management experience and knowledge of using 2D CAD for plant layout and fabrication design. As you will be required to produce technical specifications its essential you have a good understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
Along with excellent written and verbal communication you will have strong presentation and IT skills and a strong technical aptitude. Practical knowledge of working with CE marking requirements would be seen as a distinct advantage.
In return, our client is offering excellent training and development prospects, coupled with the salary and benefits you would expect of an internationally renowned and successful organisation.