Vice President - Legal (closed)
The holder of this role is responsible for looking into global legal related matters in the Company. This would include drafting, vetting and/ or negotiating a variety of Agreements, responding and/ or drafting RFI/ RFP, Litigation, appointing and liasing with external counsels, closing the legal elements in a variety of transactions, responding to legal queries (both internal and client related), managing legal audit requirements, IPR and helping in all legal matters pertaining to Human Resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting, vetting and/ or negotiating a variety of Agreements which include Client Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Lease Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Letter of Intents, Indication of Interest, Loan Agreements, Employment Agreements, Lease Agreements, Share Subscription Agreement, Share Purchase Agreement, Asset Purchase Agreement, Escrow Agreements, etc.
- Drafting and responding to RFPs/ RFIs.
- Handling all Civil, Labour and Criminal Litigations which include appointing and interfacing with external counsel and interfacing with clients (where required).
- Managing client audit legal compliance and interfacing with clients as may be required.
- Liasoning with Human Resources on employee agreements/queries, vendor agreements and litigations
- Appointing and liasoning with external counsel on various matters.
- Legal Due Diligence process as required.
- Responding to legal queries (raised by client and internally).
- When required interacting with finance, pricing, risk and compliance, operations, information technology, account managers, sales team etc.
- Developing processes and carrying our managerial instructions on established processes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (ESSENTIAL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Sound knowledge of applicable legal domain (Contractual Matters).
- Good Leadership and Team-Building Skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good Negotiation skills
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (ESSESNTIAL)
- Graduate in Law with additional specialization in Corporate Law.
- 15 + years of experience.
- International experience more particularly in UK and/or USA.