Zylog delivers top jobs to top talent. We are currently seeking experienced professionals for exciting new opportunities and career advancement.
Zylog represents hundreds of client companies for both contract and permanent positions. New jobs are being filled every day and our experienced professional resource managers are waiting to help you screen the top jobs that match your skills and experience.
You don’t have time to search long lists of postings repeated on multiple web sites, so let our trained and experienced resource managers do the work for you. We review top jobs and will be the first to alert you when the right opportunity arises.
About the Job
Our client has a requirement for a Senior PCO for a 1 Year Contract opportunity (Renewable). The position is located in Mississauga, ON.
What makes this Special
Our client is one of the largest Banks in North America. With exponential growth and millions of customers and clients who are served through our various businesses: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, and Wholesale Banking. Being part of this company is being part of a better Canadian service.
Our clients requires a project coordinator whose primary focus will be on providing financial management and analytical support to project managers at the program level for a large (Tier 1) initiative. This seasoned PCO / junior PM who will be utilizing their analytical skills to ensure project standards will be maintained. Financial analysis is key along with project management skills.
This candidate will be working on a specific project with three phases for one year with an opportunity to be extended another year or two. The idea candidate would be a Jr. PM that wants to work as a Senior PCO to do the financial estimates and administrative tasks versus running the project. This individual would need to build an integrated project plan and communicate with various project managers. Solid communication skills is a must with the ability to be comfortable to challenge the PMs as required based on completion of quantitative analysis and trending reports. The ability to communicate effectively is a key requirement in this role.
- Managing relationships and all activities with all required partners (business, Finance, program PMO, project teams, external partners etc) related to program one-time and on-going financials (prepare budget, forecasts and actuals).
- Utilizing project management software for development and distribution of comprehensive set of monthly, weekly and ad hoc project financial reporting to a variety of program stakeholders (including templates for use by other project members).
- Working closely with Finance to provide necessary detailed financial data to support the forecasting and tracking of capitalization and amortization.
- Managing all financial status meetings for the program
- Providing support for invoice processing
- Managing the process for all required updates to internal financial management tracking tools (e.g. EPM, Carpe Diem).
- Managing reporting and tracking for resource utilization.
- Exercising discretion in managing correspondence and information, escalating issues where appropriate.
- Acting as central point of communication for core team members, management, business partners and other stakeholders on program, organization and platform issues
- Working with individual project managers ensuring bank standards are applied and adherered to
- Ensuring project control procedures and policies within a program of related projects are executed.
- Assisting in maintaining project schedules.
- Developing and maintaining issue logs.
- Maintaining project repositories of documents (sharepoint) .
- Preparing documents for various recurring meetings including minutes, issue logs etc.
- Developing presentation documentation as required for project teams.
- Developing consolidate program status reports
Requirements or Qualifications
Qualified Candidates will have:
- 6+ years Financial management and analytical support experience
- 6+ years Project management / PCO experience (PMLC)
- MS Project knowledge to create and maintain project plans. MS Excel and PowerPoint knowledge to create and maintain documents.
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining a central repository (SharePoint) of project plans, reports, competencies
- Experience with Cheque Image Transformation is an asset
- Banking experience is an asset